joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, that's why it's fun to track. We live is a place where it's possible(but not probable) to get a winter storm.  Very addicting...

For that reason I want to move somewhere where snow is common sometime. That way model watching will be less stressful and I'll be able to simply enjoy it when it comes, because I know there'll be plenty of followup opportunities if the first storm misses.

LOL, doesn't matter , we are pros of cold rain :-).

Our time will come in a few years.

Oh, really? Are you moving to Maine?

Here's how I see it for just south of Atlanta. A light rain starting Monday with a few pellets of sleet mixed in at onset. Cold rain until ending Thursday afternoon. Turning very cold for Wednesday morning (black ice may be an issue). I'm hoping for the next piece of northern stream energy to produce snow on Thursday night. Not giving it much of a chance, though, maybe 5%.

I've seen this winter before and this is very common. Been through these in the 90's.

I don't know if it's blind optimism or ignorant blissfulness, or a combination of both, but I know I'm still ecstatic to see how things unfold Monday morning. Don't know how much or how little snow, sleet, or freezing is coming this way. I've been waiting all winter to bring my favorite avatar pic back for a legit SE winter storm!

Archived