joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, are we feeling good about this, or should we get the towel ready?

Funny thing about this event is everybody on this board can score big but also can get screwed. Suppression, low can go too far north, high can slide out early, etc. Models have been horrible the last couple of days. Hope is high but confidence is low. Buckle in folks, It's going to be a long weekend of model watching...

Funny thing about this event is everybody on this board can score big but also can get screwed. Suppression, low can go too far north, high can slide out early, etc. Models have been horrible the last couple of days. Hope is high but confidence is low. Buckle in folks, It's going to be a long weekend of model watching..

Hahaha! 2 of 21. That does it! I'm out!

Well we do have some consistency with the emsembles, both GEFS and EPS. The CMC ens is similar too. I will feel better if the UK ticks SE some tonight.

Man, i thought it was supposed to be 'cold' here today..LOL

42/23 hi/lo.... thats not cold.  its amazing what just a couple hundred miles can do. 

Back home it was 27/11.  Thats what i think of as ' cold'... Its like friggin impossible to have a high of 32 or below here..amazing. :yikes:  :blink:

It is hard pressed to get highs to stay below freezing anywhere on the southeast side of the Appalachians.  Just yesterday it was in the 30s above 2000' feet and in the 60s at GSP.   The west side of the apps gets many more days around or below freezing because of the upslope cloudcover behind strong cold fronts.  Two different worlds man.  

Well we do have some consistency with the emsembles, both GEFS and EPS. The CMC ens is similar too. I will feel better if the UK ticks SE some tonight.

We definitely have a legitimate chance. I'll start feeling better tomorrow if the models are (still) showing a favorable setup.

**Man this hobby is going to kill me..

Funny thing about this event is everybody on this board can score big but also can get screwed. Suppression, low can go too far north, high can slide out early, etc. Models have been horrible the last couple of days. Hope is high but confidence is low. Buckle in folks, It's going to be a long weekend of model watching...

So goes every winter storm in the South, EVER!

We definitely have a legitimate chance. I'll start feeling better tomorrow if the models are (still) showing a favorable setup.

**Man this hobby is going to kill me..

Tracking winter storms in the SE is a lot like a dog playing frisbee.  One minute everything is going great and the next it turns on you and gets you right where it hurts.

medium800.jpg

Yeah the ensembles are what I'm hanging on to. Though both the ensemble s and ops have been so bad this year, I really have very little confidence. I wouldn't be surprised with suppression or rain at this point.

Archived