SnowHabit
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
US National Weather Service Raleigh NC

Page Liked · 45 mins · 

Why so much uncertainty still for Tuesday’s forecast? The image below shows several possible scenarios for the daytime Tuesday, based on 4 different models that were generated early Saturday morning. The blue lines show sea level pressure, black lines help depict upper level winds and temps, and the background image conveys moisture availability. While it’s not depicted in this image, right now, nearly all models show some light snow accumulation occurring across much of central North Carolina Monday night into early Tuesday morning. The real forecast challenge is what happens during the daytime Tuesday, and that’s where the models are still having trouble, as shown in the image. The best-case scenario is that the storm and the bulk of the moisture stays farther offshore, which would mean very light additional snow accumulations for the eastern Piedmont. The worst-case scenario is that the storm hugs the coast, and delivers heavy snow across the western Piedmont and a wintry mess of snow, freezing rain, and/or rain across the eastern Piedmont and Coastal Plain. Stay tuned!

Sup!

Sup.

Snow Cream for those that forgot... Sleet does not work that well, sorry Brick.

Start with a large bowl of clean snow (No yellow snow or bird poop)
1 cup of Irish whiskey 
1 cup of of cream
1 can of condensed milk
A couple tablespoons of chocolate milk mix (the liquid kind)
And if you have it, a little bit of coconut extract.  
Put everything in the blender for about a minute, then put in the fridge or freezer.

Anyone know what the deal is with the 0z UKMET on WB? That's like the only place I can get a good look at the UK so it's a little disappointing to have it not show up at this particular time.

No clue. Kind of frustrating. At least the new run will be out soon and a lot of it will be within 72 hours, so it will be on Meteocentre, so we won't have to wait.

Sup.

Snow Cream for those that forgot... Sleet does not work that well, sorry Brick.

Start with a large bowl of clean snow (No yellow snow or bird poop)

1 cup of Irish whiskey

1 cup of of cream

1 can of condensed milk

A couple tablespoons of chocolate milk mix (the liquid kind)

And if you have it, a little bit of coconut extract.

Put everything in the blender for about a minute, then put in the fridge or freezer.

Haha! Irish Whiskey in snow cream! After eating that, you prolly won't care much about what's falling outside. :)

About time for a storm mode , up in this piece!

I'm in storm mode already , got two gallons of milk, 4 gallons of moonshine, ready to watch a cold rain, with a few sleet pellets

It's comin  :) 

How much for ATL?

snowstorm(and others) are pushing their luck........I'm already tired of deleting stoopidy in the pinned thread   :angry: 

GFS has a GL low instead of that nice high for the 2nd storm. Looks like it'll be warm.

edit: Well verbatim it isn't but I can't imagine the cold hanging on with that look. It does get warm after a few inches. What I'm taking from it is that the GFS has a storm in that time period for now. I don't think there's much else to take note of.

Archived