joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my conern as well. I don't think it has when we've needed it all season. That and the CAD high location I think is still really up in the air at this point.

Just gotta hope we get atleast some moderate precip , to help with in -situ damming! Color me un excited about the Monday afternoon arrival time also! Idle time with no precip and the temps warm, even if cloudy. The snow jam in Atlanta last year, we skyrocketed up to about 36 befor the precip arrived and ATL was in low mid 20s!

My niece has Monday/Tuesday off (President's Day and Teacher Planning Day). Plus I'm assuming some businesses that observe President's Day will be closed also so the traffic overall should be more lighter than usual. I'm more worried about the GDOT screwing up again and not being prepared. They got in hot water last month for treating some roads (I think it was I-285) two hours after some multiple accidents from black ice. They didn't outright say it, but they hinted that the NWS was to blame for not briefing them that morning about black ice.

I don't know about all metro ATL counties, but Cherokee County Schools are closed all next week for Winter Break.  (We are on a 10 month calendar system.)

There will definitely be less traffic on the northwest side of town, because in addition to no school, many people up here use the vacation time to go places like Florida while it's not so crowded and hot as in summer.

I feel like the GFS solution is the most likely outcome right now and have for the last couple of days...regarding p-types, I mean.

I agree, the west coast ridge is a little west of where we ideally want it, anything amped up will track like that. Why I was never worried of a miss the SE.

I am out, bring on the rain. Someone wake Brick up let him know the event is cancelled.

Archived