SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well going back and reading through last night looks like it was a bit foolish of me to start a thread. Feel free to delete the thread. Only reason I started one was cause the PBP is being dominated by this storm and I feel like we're close enough now that someone in the SE will get some snow. I'm usually torn on these things, I really agree with Shawn that I like being able to find a thread on a particular storm without having to search through a PBP thread. At the same time in reality we're still close to 5 days out so anything can happen. 

I don't get you Burger....all winter the pattern has sucked, sucked big time and yet you were so optimistic and I was negative nancy, obnoxious at that .  Now, we actually have a setup that can produce, and the tables are turned, LOL.   :ee:

Edit:  I am rooting for you to score with your thread though!  Bring the mojo.

I don't get you Burger....all winter the pattern has sucked, sucked big time and yet you were so optimistic and I was negative nancy, obnoxious at that .  Now, we actually have a setup that can produce, and the tables are turned, LOL.   :ee:

Edit:  I am rooting for you to score with your thread though!  Bring the mojo.

Haha oh don't think for a minute I'm not optimistic about this one. Just that I was worried some might get upset a thread was being posted too early :)

Greg Fishel really doesn't want anyone else talking about the weather and maybe making a right call.

Well, Well, Well, let's take a look at the last 3 runs of the European model, courtesy of Weatherbell Analytics. Roxboro has gone from 2" to 16" to 3", and Jacksonville, NC has gone from nothing, to a Trace, to 7"! And Nashville, TN started around 18", but oops, scratch that, much less now. I hope you see my point. Anybody can post or talk about anything these days. Pick out the model run that looks the most dramatic, share it with everybody in TV Land and on the internet, be careful to issue a disclamer (in case you're wrong-which is likely), and when it's all said and done pretend it never happened. Now if by chance you luck out, relentlessly beat your chest with pride. I once knew someone in the TV weather business who told me, and I quote "I will always go for the extreme, because the one time I'm right, I'll be a hero". I credit the man to this day for being honest-it takes a lot of guts to admit that. So, I'd love to see it snow here, but I don't get paid to tell you what I want to happen, but rather my best effort at what I think will happen. And if I'm uncertain, I will level with you and tell you as much.

Greg Fishel really doesn't want anyone else talking about the weather and maybe making a right call.

Well, Well, Well, let's take a look at the last 3 runs of the European model, courtesy of Weatherbell Analytics. Roxboro has gone from 2" to 16" to 3", and Jacksonville, NC has gone from nothing, to a Trace, to 7"! And Nashville, TN started around 18", but oops, scratch that, much less now. I hope you see my point. Anybody can post or talk about anything these days. Pick out the model run that looks the most dramatic, share it with everybody in TV Land and on the internet, be careful to issue a disclamer (in case you're wrong-which is likely), and when it's all said and done pretend it never happened. Now if by chance you luck out, relentlessly beat your chest with pride. I once knew someone in the TV weather business who told me, and I quote "I will always go for the extreme, because the one time I'm right, I'll be a hero". I credit the man to this day for being honest-it takes a lot of guts to admit that. So, I'd love to see it snow here, but I don't get paid to tell you what I want to happen, but rather my best effort at what I think will happen. And if I'm uncertain, I will level with you and tell you as much.

So...what did he end up saying he thinks will happen?

I still don't think this is a miss SE. If this starts ticking NW at 12z then it wont stop up until Monday.

And here we go w/ the "NC need their own board" and "it's all about NC" talk. 

It is very rare to have a snowstorm that hits the entire SE.  Someone is going to get screwed and it's only natural for people to pull for their own backyard.  Every year it's the same thing.

And here we go w/ the "NC need there own board" and "it's all about NC" talk. 

It is very rare to have a snowstorm that hits the entire SE.  Someone is going to get screwed and it's only natural for people to pull for their own backyard.  Every year it's the same thing.

Yet we are at our worst 10 year stretch in 130+ years. LOL.

He didn't. He has been talking all winter about this. It sounds like he doesn't want any competition from folks in the social media world.

He's a forecaster throwing jabs at other forecasters, tell him to man up and start giving some thoughts on this thing. He was never the same after Dec 2000, changed him forever.

What exactly did he say in there that bothers you and leads you to the conclusion of he doesn't anyone else talking about the weather and doesn't want competition?

Well going back and reading through last night looks like it was a bit foolish of me to start a thread. Feel free to delete the thread. Only reason I started one was cause the PBP is being dominated by this storm and I feel like we're close enough now that someone in the SE will get some snow. I'm usually torn on these things, I really agree with Shawn that I like being able to find a thread on a particular storm without having to search through a PBP thread. At the same time in reality we're still close to 5 days out so anything can happen. 

It's fine. There is enough support for long enough  that it deserves it at this point. hell if you believed the wacky gfs/nam we are as little as 72 hours away from some light stuff in north ga.

And here we go w/ the "NC need their own board" and "it's all about NC" talk. 

Ugh?

Archived