joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! Don't know how regularly you get to Big D, but if you ever have the opportunity, you absolutely must go to III Forks. The very best steak I have ever had. Just wonderful, the whole experience.

Next time no doubt. Stayed at the"W" this time. Altitude restaurant at the top was nice. Glass floor on the balcony was insane.

pcbjr, on 12 Feb 2015 - 6:32 PM, said:snapback.png

enjoy the optimism in the posts today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what scares me. I hope we're not setting ourselves for disappointment.

Winter 2014-15 is carrying an F going into the final exam. Here's its chance to pull out an underachieving C at the last second.

But it's good not to go through pages of bashing. I'm so far removed from the event, my back yard doesn't matter; but I'm real danged interested in the science and the what, when, where, how and why aspects. The optimism as I put it at least goes to substance and not personal affronts. Sure - I'd love north Fla to see a repeat of today 1899 - ain't happening of course and so best wishes to you folks who are finally maybe getting something to celebrate this winter; and more importantly, thanks for sharing your insights on the dynamics ....

'nough said ....

Well the most fabulous week of winter weather has gotten underway. should be a great 7 to 10 day stretch that alot of us will remember for a long time. Not only are we gonna avoid the shutout here locally, that's been a given for a few days to me, but the ducks are on the pond to not only hit climo, but get to 150%. The qpf and surface temps are there, and the only question is can we keep or sustain 850s conducive for only snow for the duration. I'll use gso airport for the point I'm trying to make. I honestly beleive it's highly likely that location can get and exceed possibly 1 inch qpf. I also beleive it's highly likely surface temps stay below 32 the whole time moisture falls. 850s, I'm not 100% sold they stay 0 or below the whole time. However the trend today is boosting my confidence this can be achieved. All that being said, you would end up with a foot of snow at gso, which is 150% climo.

Look at the 18z dgex just posted, perfect example of what could very well happen.

Archived