joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pro met on the Ohio Valley forum thinks this ends up as a snow from Chicago to Boston when all is said and done.I Guess that would leave the SE with rain and maybe storms.

Well, then, I guess since one said that all the Mets in the SE NWS WFOs forecasting snow must be wrong! :lol:

BTW, this does look to be a nice storm for Boston either way.

I will be swtiching my motherboard out on my computer tomorrow.  Lets hope my hard drive won't have to be formatted to accomodate this change or I will royally flip out not being able to see these model runs and losing all my weather data.

Guess I should back stuff up in case.

I will be swtiching my motherboard out on my computer tomorrow. Lets hope my hard drive won't have to be formatted to accomodate this change or I will royally flip out not being able to see these model runs and losing all my weather data.

Guess I should back stuff up in case.

I don't see any reason why it would; is it the same chipset? All other parts being carried over?

I don't see any reason why it would; is it the same chipset? All other parts being carried over?

FInally getting around to upgrading to the 990FX chipset, so there are some changes.  I'll probably just have to uninstall everything in device manager like the Sata controller etc.. and then shut down and let Windows fix it naturally.

The biggest plus side I have, is the mobo is just a slight chipset/overclock board from what I have now.  Both Asus, both the M5A series, etc.

I'm making the switch for the future SLI/CrossFire setup running at 16x and for the heatsink over the VRM set to be able to overclock.  I'm sitting on a nice 280MM Radiator/Liquid CPU cooling setup..  so wanna push this thing a bit harder with that kind of cooling... and my current board's VRM set would fry with no heatsink currently.

When should we pop a thread? Looks like we're only four days out for some now, so maybe tomorrow prior to the 00z runs?

I think Burns said if there's still a threat after the 12Zs tomorrow, then have at it. BUT...you're going to have to be faster than Brick and Marietta. They're going to have their threads ready and their finger on the Post button as soon as the GFS starts rolling.

When should we pop a thread? Looks like we're only four days out for some now, so maybe tomorrow prior to the 00z runs?

I don't care when a thread is popped,  all I care about is who pops it.  Anyone that has already started one this meteo winter should automatically be eliminated from the running.  We need new blood!  Maybe one of our GA bretheren since this may be their one and only shot at glory.

I don't care when a thread is popped,  all I care about is who pops it.  Anyone that has already started one this meteo winter should automatically be eliminated from the running.  We need new blood!  Maybe one of our GA bretheren since this may be their one and only shot at glory.

I still vote for Lookout or Jburns.

I don't care when a thread is popped, all I care about is who pops it. Anyone that has already started one this meteo winter should automatically be eliminated from the running. We need new blood! Maybe one of our GA bretheren since this may be their one and only shot at glory.

Pssht you must be talking about the NGA folks because there ain't no shot at glory here unless you talking about thunderstorms and 70s.

I think Burns said if there's still a threat after the 12Zs tomorrow, then have at it. BUT...you're going to have to be faster than Brick and Marietta. They're going to have their threads ready and their finger on the Post button as soon as the GFS starts rolling.

nah, not touching this one....  I haven't exactly had a hot hand this year....

Archived