Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have guaranteed no snow at least three times in the last two weeks!

This does look like a great chance for at least icestorm if not snow for many of us, maybe a big one, but plenty can still go wrong with it. I'd almost bet this thing trends back to the north during the next couple of days, with a smaller chance that it goes too far south and misses some of us. Already the NC/VA border area is close to the northern edge of this on the GFS. I would say the CAD regions in NC and SC should at least get ice from this though.

This does look like a great chance for at least icestorm if not snow for many of us, maybe a big one, but plenty can still go wrong with it. I'd almost bet this thing trends back to the north during the next couple of days, with a smaller chance that it goes too far south and misses some of us. Already the NC/VA border area is close to the northern edge of this on the GFS. I would say the CAD regions in NC and SC should at least get ice from this though.

100% agree with this.

It's kind of funny actually. I don't mind if we start a thread 5 days before an event. I don't mind if we don't. It's not like the threat isn't going to get discussed. It will. It is.

The funny thing is, getting worked up because you can't start a thread is no different from what you're accusing the other side of -- getting worked up over starting threads too early.

Personally, I think the whole being upset about not having a thread 7 days out is more about someone actually wanting to have their name as the thread starter. I think that's the real issue for some. It's really not that big of a deal. We have a legit winter threat to finally talk about. Let's be happy about that.

There will be another threat by next weekend. Pattern is screaming it. It's success, like this one will depend on what happens in the NE with our Tuesday storm and how it affects the confluence due to what I call hybrid blocking. Same questions, not necessarily same result will be getting resolved just like where going through with this storm. We all will be so caught up in this one through the weekend into Mon Tues , next weekend event want get the pub this one has. Just a heads up.

Lol I'm just messing around.. some people seem really uptight. Wait if you must! This does seem good to go though (based on no facts whatsoever).

Some people have taken this winter rather hard. Like Jack Nicholson in The Shining hard. Its probably best to just leave them be for a few more days.

That's not an invalid point at all.

I think it should be based on model consensus and agreement, and it doesn't seem like the storm will vanish at this point...but stranger things have happened and if models do "correct" west or the storm cuts when more energy is modeled, etc then it could be a non-event for most in the SE so that leaves you with the other argument, wait until Saturday to post it. Honestly like you said, I don't care, pbp thread is doing great as it is...only difference is in the title.

Archived