CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By Thursday night we are all going to be calling this 5 inch snowstorm the Jebman storm. Because I am the only one left who still believes in this enough to make it move north, and it will.

Mods reserve the right to delete this blasphemy, and they shall - but the snow will still hit on Wednesday night into Thursday.

Get your shovels ready. Get ready to pad those stats. Get ready for excellent jebwalks come Thursday night.

All it takes is someone with balls enough to make a stand - and I have. It's gon snow.

By Thursday night we are all going to be calling this 5 inch snowstorm the Jebman storm. Because I am the only one left who still believes in this enough to make it move north, and it will.

Mods reserve the right to delete this blasphemy, and they shall - but the snow will still hit on Wednesday night into Thursday.

Get your shovels ready. Get ready to pad those stats. Get ready for excellent jebwalks come Thursday night.

All it takes is someone with balls enough to make a stand - and I have. It's gon snow.

IN JEB WE TRUST.

For some reason, I really like looking at Winter Storm Warnings posted across the deep south (like Atlanta latitude), even if we're not in it. Southern snows are nice to see in pictures, to read about in news articles, and to watch the accompanying live news coverage. But, hmm. I haven't been checking until just now, so not sure what the models looked like yesterday/this morning. From the most recent runs, though, I'm not seeing how some of the warnings are going to verify :(

For some reason, I really like looking at Winter Storm Warnings posted across the deep south (like Atlanta latitude), even if we're not in it. Southern snows are nice to see in pictures, to read about in news articles, and to watch the accompanying live news coverage. But, hmm. I haven't been checking until just now, so not sure what the models looked like yesterday/this morning. From the most recent runs, though, I'm not seeing how some of the warnings are going to verify :(

It's easier to verify when warning criteria is 2" of snow or a glaze of ice.

What a friggin game and win. Wells was just huge tonight. That dunk was sick. Melo's last 2 layups were amazing as well. HUGE win.

Well coached and well played. A great point guard can take you a long way. We were too young to see John Lucas play at Maryland so that makes this kid the best point guard I have ever seen at Maryland bar none.

I'm sure others have commented about it but I have to say one thing the models did well this year is create a roller coaster ride. If I get surprise snow tonight here I will have to chalk this winter as decent. Lots of the models picking up something, losing it for days, and then somehow materialize a different storm during the same timeframe. Maybe my memory is off, but that's how it feels.

I don't post much but it's been a fun snow tracking season. (Even if part of the fun was marveling and hating on the copious amounts of snow in the NE)

I'm sure others have commented about it but I have to say one thing the models did well this year is create a roller coaster ride. If I get surprise snow tonight here I will have to chalk this winter as decent. Lots of the models picking up something, losing it for days, and then somehow materialize a different storm during the same timeframe. Maybe my memory is off, but that's how it feels.

I don't post much but it's been a fun snow tracking season. (Even if part of the fun was marveling and hating on the copious amounts of snow in the NE)

Yeah, it's been an interesting time following events, though I have to say pretty frustrating too.  So many lost opportunities!  I imagine even more frustrating where you're at.  But this February has really turned things around a lot, plus add in the cold, and the DJF period should end well.  I think most people are ending up right around climo, perhaps some got a bit more.  I've been sort of tracking the cold for February around here too.  For awhile, February 2007 has stood out as an epically cold month (I moved to the area in 2001).  This year is on pace to out-do that, and it's ending up with more snow than Feb. 2007.  The week-long period (Feb. 14-21) which began with snow squalls and a blast of wind, followed by very cold, then a few inches of pixie-dust, followed by more extreme cold, and then the snow this past Saturday, was pretty incredible.

Not totally sure we're done yet either with snow or cold.  I don't expect a big event or major cold or anything like that, but I think we'll be adding to totals even if it's a little bit here or there.

Archived