• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

H2O

Heh, I was close to going all Kevin McGruff about it, but I calmed down a little before I wrote that.

I don't indulge, I'm just a very ardent supporter of legalization. It it also touches on another thing I'm passionate about: DC voting rights/congressional meddling.

It shouldn't even be illegal in the first place. I don't indulge either but I know a good # of people that do. They shouldn't have to worry about getting in trouble for it. The motivation to make it illegal in the first place had nothing to do with health. It was money. SoT Mellon had a vested financial interest in Dupont and didn't want anything to compete with nylon. Dupont denies any association with the push to make it illegal. Heh, sorry Dupont. Not buying it.

Anyways, I'm happy for DC and also relieved that MD has decriminalized it. I have two teens and I don't think they have much interest in pot but at least I don't have to worry about getting in trouble for it and screwing with their futures.

I will support any measure that increases personal freedom.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, I was close to going all Kevin McGruff about it, but I calmed down a little before I wrote that.

I don't indulge, I'm just a very ardent supporter of legalization.  It it also touches on another thing I'm passionate about: DC voting rights/congressional meddling.  

you should reconsider.  recent study has shown it's 114x less harmful than craft beer (for real, not being facetious) 

medical or home grown is so much different than the typical generic crap from the street.  you can dial in to your exact needs and ailments.  it's a very beneficial plant.

you should reconsider.  recent study has shown it's 114x less harmful than craft beer (for real, not being facetious) 

medical or home grown is so much different than the typical generic crap from the street.  you can dial in to your exact needs and ailments.  it's a very beneficial plant.

I know, saw the study....I believed that all along though.

Maybe I shouldn't have said I don't indulge.....correction...I'm not a regular user.  :whistle:

It shouldn't even be illegal in the first place. I don't indulge either but I know a good # of people that do. They shouldn't have to worry about getting in trouble for it. The motivation to make it illegal in the first place had nothing to do with health. It was money. SoT Mellon had a vested financial interest in Dupont and didn't want anything to compete with nylon. Dupont denies any association with the push to make it illegal. Heh, sorry Dupont. Not buying it.

Anyways, I'm happy for DC and also relieved that MD has decriminalized it. I have two teens and I don't think they have much interest in pot but at least I don't have to worry about getting in trouble for it and screwing with their futures.

I will support any measure that increases personal freedom.

It's going to spread like wildfire now. Once 'smart' people aren't afraid to say they smoke and are functional humans attitudes should change too. most who are ardently against have never tried it and are dogmatic. Reps look like tools attacking a black woman mayor carrying out the democratic process over a law that has disproportionally destroyed countless black lives.

It's going to spread like wildfire now. Once smart people aren't afraid to say they smoke and are functional humans attitudes should change too. most who are ardently against have never tried it and are dogmatic. Reps look like tools attacking a black woman mayor ocer a law that has destroyed countless black lives.

Preach it brother!

I don't indulge, I'm just a very ardent supporter of legalization. It it also touches on another thing I'm passionate about: DC voting rights/congressional meddling.

I hear you and agree with you. It would have been nice to see you go all McGruff though.

It's going to spread like wildfire now. Once smart people aren't afraid to say they smoke and are functional humans attitudes should change too. most who are ardently against have never tried it and are dogmatic. Reps look like tools attacking a black woman mayor ocer a law that has destroyed countless black lives.

The tide has certainly turned big time. Pot is not one of our country's problems. It's all a farce. I laugh at "what about the kids!" angle. Pot has been and will always be more readily available in high school than alcohol. It's never changed. When I was in high school in the 80's I could buy a 2 dollar joint if I wanted to before going to homeroom. lol. Nothing has changed in 30 years.

A real problem is widespread and massive abuse of addictive prescription drugs. Big pharma likes that though. Big pharma LOVES it. lol

The tide has certainly turned big time. Pot is not one of our country's problems. It's all a farce. I laugh at "what about the kids!" angle. Pot has been and will always be more readily available in high school than alcohol. It's never changed. When I was in high school in the 80's I could buy a 2 dollar joint if I wanted to before going to homeroom. lol. Nothing has changed in 30 years.

A real problem is widespread and massive abuse of addictive prescription drugs. Big pharma likes that though. Big pharma LOVES it. lol

Agreed. Pain meds are a much bigger threat... Pretty sure meds were behind my mom's accidental death. I've always been afraid of prescription drugs because they are so powerful and easy to get hooked on. I've never tried any drug besides pot and have no interest. It's natural. We don't need the Saudi Arabia arm of our government making decisions. It's them and Russia against it.. lool. http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article/516590.html

When I was in high school in the 80's I could buy a 2 dollar joint if I wanted to before going to homeroom. lol. Nothing has changed in 30 years.

Nothing except for your gut getting bigger and your hairline receeding, I assume.  :-)

Big pharma is probably the largest obstacle to faster legalization of 420...they know the plant can replace many of their big money makers.

The only issue I have with pot and kids is how many of them are high in class. I have never had a drunk student show up but plenty of kids smoke pot during lunch. And then they're not ready to learn during class and they affect other students too. It's as you said-- how readily available it is. I am fine with legalization. I just wish less students partook during the school day.

Agreed. Pain meds are a much bigger threat... Pretty sure meds were behind my mom's accidental death. I've always been afraid of prescription drugs because they are so powerful and easy to get hooked on. I've never tried any drug besides pot and have no interest. It's natural. We don't need the Saudi Arabia arm of our government making decisions. It's them and Russia against it.. lool. http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article/516590.html

Sorry to hear that.  In many cases it's the acetaminophin within the opioid meds that causes the problems.  I'm in physical pain 24/7 but take the lowest dose possible to function.  My docs want me on fentanyl, which is uber powerful but makes one like a zombie.  I said no thanks after a few weeks.

THC, CBD and the other elements are showing more and more to be massively beneficial.  I think 5-10 years down the road either most states will have legalized, or it will be rescheduled at the fed level.

Agreed. Pain meds are a much bigger threat... Pretty sure meds were behind my mom's accidental death. I've always been afraid of prescription drugs because they are so powerful and easy to get hooked on. I've never tried any drug besides pot and have no interest. It's natural. We don't need the Saudi Arabia arm of our government making decisions. It's them and Russia against it.. lool. http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article/516590.html

Lol Russia. Says the country with one of the highest alcoholism rates in the world. Where 25% of russian men die before age 55 with the vast majority alcohol related. Yea, I want them telling me what to do.

I was on tramadol for 6 months for my back problems before I finally got an mri and phys therapy mostly cured it. I took less than half of what they prescribed and after just 3-4 month I had mild withdrawal symptoms in the mornings. It really pissed me off. I specifically requested a non-narcotic so the doctor gave me "safe and non habit forming Tramadol". Total BS. My doc still denies it even after I showed a laundry list of people posting on health forums about it. Man was I pissed. I'll never take painkillers again. I don't need a monkey on my back like that.

Pot never really did it for me. I'm too much of a mental multi-tasker and I found it counter productive. I dabbled a little when I was in my teens and 20's but I didn't get much out of it so it was a no nevermind in my life. The only times I liked it was when I was playing drums in a garage band.

As far as effects go, it's far more benign than all other rec use stuff (legal or illegal).

Dabbled in the stuff during the mid 80's while in high school. Then 15 years later, accepted an offer to indulge.

Omg... My response to this new pot scared the begeezus out of me. Kept reminding myself to breathe. Then threw up.

Won't try the new fangled weed on steroids again. I miss the old weed

Pot and alcohol were readily available and rampant when I was in high school and college.  I have little idea how I 1) survived unscathed and 2) came out of both with good grades! :lol:  Honestly, I think that my exposure in high school helped me from getting into trouble in college because it wasn't so new and exciting.  Plenty of folks I went to college with never or rarely drank or touched a drug, and then went into a spiral once they combined them with the relative freedom of being away at school.  Really smart kids that ended up relative wastes.

All I do now is enjoy a few homebrews or craft beers, occasionally some wine, and the odd bourbon here and there.  Been that way for many, many a year.

All I know now is that I hope the majority of good retirement places legalize it in the next 25-30 years.  My wife and I want to be able to kick back in our golden years with a beer, glass of wine, and a J without worrying a lick about it.

Dabbled in the stuff during the mid 80's while in high school. Then 15 years later, accepted an offer to indulge.

Omg... My response to this new pot scared the begeezus out of me. Kept reminding myself to breathe. Then threw up.

Won't try the new fangled weed on steroids again. I miss the old weed

It's like anything else.  If you drink a fifth of Goldschlager or Jagermeister you're not going to feel good.

A few vapes or puffs of the right green, and you can feel good and be fully functional.

Would encourage folks to visit Denver and/or Seattle...the selection is mind boggling, and you can select a strain that dials in to your exact mental or physical objectives.  The Colorado product is probably the best in the nation.

I can go through a giant blunt, be functional and feel great the next morning.  If I have a few glasses of wine, I feel like crap.

It's like anything else. If you drink a fifth of Goldschlager or Jagermeister you're not going to feel good.

A few vapes or puffs of the right green, and you can feel good and be fully functional.

Would encourage folks to visit Denver and/or Seattle...the selection is mind boggling, and you can select a strain that dials in to your exact mental or physical objectives. The Colorado product is probably the best in the nation.

I can go through a giant blunt, be functional and feel great the next morning. If I have a few glasses of wine, I feel like crap.

Yeah, that and the weed today is much stronger than it was in the 80's.

Have you tried the patch. My nephew brought about 5-6 different blends home for the Christmas holiday to hand out to elderly family members with various ailments.

It's like anything else.  If you drink a fifth of Goldschlager or Jagermeister you're not going to feel good.

Would encourage folks to visit Denver and/or Seattle...the selection is mind boggling, and you can select a strain that dials in to your exact mental or physical objectives.  The Colorado product is probably the best in the nation.

I can go through a giant blunt, be functional and feel great the next morning.  If I have a few glasses of wine, I feel like crap.

I tried hash once in San Francisco several years ago, it sucked. I had panic attacks for a day after.

Archived