• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

H2O

Agreed. Pain meds are a much bigger threat... Pretty sure meds were behind my mom's accidental death. I've always been afraid of prescription drugs because they are so powerful and easy to get hooked on. I've never tried any drug besides pot and have no interest. It's natural. We don't need the Saudi Arabia arm of our government making decisions. It's them and Russia against it.. lool. http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article/516590.html

Agreed, pain meds are definitely a big issue, and the rise in heroin use is partly tied to that. I despise drugs myself, my family has been impacted in several ways by drug abuse. It's not pretty. I will never understand why people turn to drugs (pot is somewhat understandable...but heroin, cocaine, pain meds, meth, etc?)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the problem.  I mentioned it earlier in the thread that there are some posts that don't show an image or a link to an image when I'm on my work computer.  Not even an X if it's a link to a blocked site.  I wouldn't even know there's supposed to be an image if the poster didn't mention it.  I can see them fine on my phone.

Strange.

My work server has a filter and I can't see much either.  I get a lot of empty posts showing up, but I read from Leesburg that the place camp out at is Starbucks.  But if I must stay at work, and I'm interested in a euro map or something else that I can't see, then I use my phone by turning off the wireless.

The only issue I have with pot and kids is how many of them are high in class. I have never had a drunk student show up but plenty of kids smoke pot during lunch. And then they're not ready to learn during class and they affect other students too. It's as you said-- how readily available it is. I am fine with legalization. I just wish less students partook during the school day.

that's so foreign to me...the only two things that made school interesting and worth attending (and made me pay attention) were cannabis and a couple of ex-hippie, crunchy teachers.  and girls of course, but they didn't do much for the paying attention to schoolwork part.

school was so ****ing boring that if i didn't get lit it was unbearable.  with my meds in me i was good and blew through the work unchallenged for the most part...until university.

kidz these dayz.  good luck to you, teach.

My work server has a filter and I can't see much either.  I get a lot of empty posts showing up, but I read from Leesburg that the place camp out at is Starbucks.  But if I must stay at work, and I'm interested in a euro map or something else that I can't see, then I use my phone by turning off the wireless.

Cool - that's what happens to me.  Empty posts or posts that hint that there's an image posted, but nothing shows up - not even an "X."  At least I'm not the only one!

No cell phones at work for me.  Kind of a bummer...

How is it drama? Someone started a thread for the region and we got defensive and started trolling it. Uncalled for.

Shut up.. they opened the thread by calling us all asshats and then continued to snipe at us for no reason. I mean whatever but yeah. 

I've learned over the years it takes thick skin to last around here. People like to have a little fun, rib others, etc. And I'm pretty sure they directed posts at this group stating that the NoVA/DC/MD crew didn't care about their weather, etc. etc.

How is it drama? Someone started a thread for the region and we got defensive and started trolling it. Uncalled for.

I've learned over the years it takes thick skin to last around here. People like to have a little fun, rib others, etc.

No, it doesn't, IMO. Plenty of members post in here without any negative attention thrown their way. And you don't even have to have attended a conference/be friends with Ian/Matt/Randy to be "safe" here. 

No, it doesn't, IMO. Plenty of members post in here without any negative attention thrown their way. And you don't even have to have attended a conference/be friends with Ian/Matt/Randy to be "safe" here. 

Most people that take heat here get it on their own doing. This subforum in particular is pretty good at community moderating. 

I guess what I was getting at is.......I've seen quite a few folks get bent out of shape when stuff like this (Ji posting about S/SE VA) happens or when Matt tells someone from Southern PA to gtfo, etc. It's really no different than what I've seen on other web communities I've been part of.

I guess what I was getting at is.......I've seen quite a few folks get bent out of shape when stuff like this (Ji posting about S/SE VA) happens or when Matt tells someone from Southern PA to gtfo, etc. It's really no different than what I've seen on other web communities I've been part of.

Problem is those are generally jokes if a bit harsh.. how some of those guys are taking is so seriously and freaking out about it doesn't completely compute. Snow is IMBY.. very few people honestly care that much how someone far away from them got or might get. 

Do you have any idea wtf you're talking about?  This is NOT what happened.

1) Guy starts a regional thread to get some breathing room, calls DC folks asshats, not really necessary, but DC is an asshat city.

2) Someone mentions this and Ian pops in starts trolling

3) Guy gets pissed, goes on a rant.

4) We take offense, and start trolling some more.

1) Guy starts a regional thread to get some breathing room, calls DC folks asshats, not really necessary, but DC is an asshat city.

2) Someone mentions this and Ian pops in starts trolling

3) Guy gets pissed, goes on a rant.

4) We take offense, and start trolling some more.

You're making me annoyed. I didn't start trolling. I noted they called us asshats.

Jesus...if you can't make fun or be made fun of then go away. Who cares what is said...its almost all fun. Half the fun of this board is tracking snow...half watching it fall and half trolling each other with another three quarters learning/knowledge.

Some of you need to look in the mirror...your age is showing

Jesus...if you can't make fun or be made fun of then go away. Who cares what is said...its almost all fun. Half the fun of this board is tracking snow...half watching it fall and half trolling each other with another three quarters learning/knowledge.

Some of you need to look in the mirror...your age is showing

Honestly, what is said on this forum sometimes could probably constitute as bullying in real life. Just saying.

Archived