joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Clipper-Miller B Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those NYC weenies are nasty. Question NYC's snow forecast and they'll attack as a group.

Snow makes everyone irrational. We'd be hugging the **** out of the NAM if it clocked us at this range. 

I would've 100% felt this way about SNE prior to our winter 2010. And then I had to manually shovel our three MECS (and various in-between events) that season, and I somehow no longer pine for 2-3 feet events like I used to. Would like a bit more than the pittance we're likely to wring out of whatever happens over the next 12 or so hours, but....yeah.

I HATE BOSTON

That map won't even come close to verifying. Problem is these bands can be fairly narrow, so its impossible to pin point where they will be. Forces LWX the broad brush the entire area. The average joe pub sees that and assumes that he's getting 2-3 when he might get nothing at all. 

WWA dropped west of PWC and pretty much all of 3-4 inch line has gone to 2-3. http://www.erh.noaa.gov/lwx/winterstorm/

I've stayed below freezing all day and have just under a clean inch on elevated surfaces. Bar should be reached. Maybe some gravy tonight. 

Lower MoCo has made out pretty well so far--- my drive from Silver Spring back to here was white-ground and roofs all the way. And what's happening right now is really pretty. 

Archived