joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Clipper-Miller B Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol...I want to see a historical blizzard occur. I don't think it should matter where it happens. Snow is snow. Shoudn't root for others misery.

So pay attention to SNE.. that area has been slammed on every run of every model since they came around.  The running to high end forecasts around NYC was a poor move.. Might as well just post a Euro snow map and find a new job if that's the strategy. 

So pay attention to SNE.. that area has been slammed on every run of every model since they came around.  The running to high end forecasts around NYC was a poor move.. Might as well just post a Euro snow map and find a new job if that's the strategy. 

Fair enough I guess...but if NYC gets more than their current record, I'll be sure to let you know. ;)

Yeah I agree.  I would not want to be in the zone from about Elkton, MD to Philly.  That area is like us for boxing day.

Yeah, looks like we miss the banding and the low. I am over it. Its weird but it would be a harder pill to swallow if NYC was getting something historic (looking less likely). I am from there so I couldn't stand it knowing that.

After the first real lull'o'the day, which consisted of a little less than 1 hr of flurries ... small-flake steady lite snow again. Temp up to 30.6 after hitting 30.2 earlier.  About 1" OTG, compacted, is what you get in return for about 8 hrs of non-stop snow.  Grass blades still pop up thru the snowcover everywhere.

But it's mostly white outside, as opposed to green or brown!  And snowing ... so it's all good for today at least.

Yeah, looks like we miss the banding and the low. I am over it. Its weird but it would be a harder pill to swallow if NYC was getting something historic (looking less likely). I am from there so I couldn't stand it knowing that.

I was actually in Newark, DE for boxing day visiting family, so I remember that well.  I still think if you take a blend of NAM/GFS/EURO you still get a historic storm for NY, people forget how rare an 18 inch storm is there on a century long scale because of how frequently they have happened recently.  

I was actually in Newark, DE for boxing day visiting family, so I remember that well.  I still think if you take a blend of NAM/GFS/EURO you still get a historic storm for NY, people forget how rare an 18 inch storm is there on a century long scale because of how frequently they have happened recently.  

Yep... I think for most East coast cities, 18" is the cutoff for being historic. I still think it's likely for NYC.

Snow has picked back up at APG. Kind of surprised.Temp 30 degrees.

Interesting. Yeah, It was not a good time. NY still might, we will see.

Archived