joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Mauler Thread #2

DDweatherman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I am confused. Why is this Euro run deemed "bad"?

Probably because many were hoping it would continue to trend better or further SW... I doubted it all along and it was a faint hope.

Not surprised it shifted a bit east. Time to come to terms with Philly north getting crushed while we get mangled flakes or a few inches at best.

But we may have more chances in the near future so no need to lose it.

These are the type of storms I can't take. If it plays out that way this winter is ruined.

Not necessarily... winter doesn't end with this storm.

Boxing day 2010 was just as bad of a screwjob but the MECS that happened a month later definitely saved that winter for the N/W burbs.

Its not .3, its about .18 qpf at DCA on the euro total and its above freezing during all of it. Even up here its about .3 over 48 hours with marginal temps. Its a disaster run, no way to sugar coat it. Coastal takes over just fast enough to kill the primary for us, but not fast enough to help anyone west of Wilmington DE. No way to spin this...other then to say the Euro is all by itself and hopefully wrong. GFS/NAM/GGEM/SREF all give us pretty good qpf with the primary low. I think we have to separate the two systems and honestly the trend today has been east on the coastal precip. I had hoped for a west trend after this mornings runs but I think at this point hope that we get help from wrap around is slim or none. We need the primary to remain organized or we are in trouble. Not sure why the storm ends up so far east though with an H5 track that digs down to the gulf like that though....that is a little weird to me.

30 iNches  in nyc  NORTH  nj

15" IN  ,ower md eastern shore

1" in DCA    6" in   BAL 

attachicon.gifBIG0zeurJAN25.jpg

the closer to the event the more disappointing it gets for this area, welcome to cmd winter, hasn't changed in 66 years, wont change in 100 more,. Boxer day storm just keeps repeating. Until this is absorbed, learned your going to be miserable

Its not .3, its about .18 qpf at DCA on the euro total and its above freezing during all of it. Even up here its about .3 over 48 hours with marginal temps. Its a disaster run, no way to sugar coat it. Coastal takes over just fast enough to kill the primary for us, but not fast enough to help anyone west of Wilmington DE. No way to spin this...other then to say the Euro is all by itself and hopefully wrong. GFS/NAM/GGEM/SREF all give us pretty good qpf with the primary low. I think we have to separate the two systems and honestly the trend today has been east on the coastal precip. I had hoped for a west trend after this mornings runs but I think at this point hope that we get help from wrap around is slim or none. We need the primary to remain organized or we are in trouble. Not sure why the storm ends up so far east though with an H5 track that digs down to the gulf like that though....that is a little weird to me.

Yeah...everything jumped east despite the H5 setup. Did some of the NW side get robbed by where we're seeing 30"+ amounts?

Archived