joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Mauler Thread #2

DDweatherman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In his video today he said what happens the rest of this winter we will remember the rest of our lives.

it doesnt matter what happens...he has many tricks he uses lately.  Changing his forecast while acting like he said that all along by ignoring what he forecasted first.  Flat out denial of ground truth.  Claiming victory because h5 did what he thought weather it snowed or not.  In this case he will just start talking about the snow in Philly and NYC and Boston over and over and over.  He will remind us all how smart he is everyday.  Then come winters end when everyone southwest of philly in his above normal snow area dont verify he will say "of course some small areas just got unlucky but I nailed the forecast overall" even if that small area is half the country.  He has done this stuff for years.  This wont be new

I  certainly will not 

DT... this behavior is completely unprofessional and uncalled for. Please do us all a favor and cut it out.

what i said  and I am   still  saying as as  1ST   GUESS map       the one I  made this afternoon
and the 0z    EURO    (as well as the      0Z  cmc   gfs)    are all fairly  close.  It is a  first guess  map for god sake ...  its not suppose to be perfect nor did I say  it  was

'  Instead I have  some  weenie  screaming  at me  about his precious    BAL  and the snow line 

post-9415-0-72273300-1422169039_thumb.jp

I've dealt with this since I started following weather in 2000. Cut my teeth on the Dec 30 2000 debacle. Trust me on this, having some snow fly enough to whiten the ground even shovel reduces the pain a little. What you don't want is plain ground no snow

I've dealt with this since I started following weather in 2000. Cut my teeth on the Dec 30 2000 debacle. Trust me on this, having some snow fly enough to whiten the ground even shovel reduces the pain a little. What you don't want is plain ground no snow

This is true.  The other thing that helps me through is to not watch live coverage/disco of the raking that others are experiencing.  So, no, I will not be watching Al Roker or Mike Seidel getting buried by         wind-whipped snow.  I really hope that we at least get some moderate event this winter.  Otherwise, for years we will have to hear about how awesome the winter of 2014-15 was for so many and how wonderful  the Great Blizzard of 2015 was (and have nothing to show for it here).  :axe:

MDstorm

I hate to this, but any chance something unexpected happens and we get in on the goods? Something like how Pittsburgh scored in the Dec 2009 blizzard against all predictions

Well Ive said this a few times, looking over at the H5 and SLP tracks of some analogs the H5 digs well south of most of the storms that miss our area.  The SLP track also is inside those tracks.  Most models keep the SLP track for this inside the 1978 storm for instance so there is reason to believe perhaps this could correct west but that does go against history and trends for these type storms. 

Me too but I think we are done. I remember one year in the early 2000's there were more then a couple Miller B's that totally missed us. I just can't remember the exact year.

2000-01?

There was December 30, 2000. 9" in Philly, a foot in NYC. Sunshine in DC/Baltimore. Then of course the infamous March 2001 bust of the century.

Archived