CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Storm Disco for Manitoba Mauler 01/26/27

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for weenieing out post...but omfg this is awesome.

Carry on.

I think everyone is entitled to some weenie-ing out with these runs. Not sure anyone would've called for this turn of events just 12 hours ago. Funny thing is, while I really had no meteorological reasoning to back it up, I was optimistic we'd get this threat back on the models once we got today's event out of the way. Of course I was expecting more of a northward trend on a clipper and something more along the lines of a high end advisory...not the full fledged phase and potential blizzard that's being shown. Hoping the models haven't rubber banded to the other extreme and trend tamer in the next couple days. Hopefully everyone is able to cash in on a solid warning event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALL THE MODELS    now offer nearly Identical solution 

1st   GUESS  MAP WILL BE   BIG 

Doc Venkman is going big. Dogs and cats living together big? Also, re: the wind aspect, does the relative orientation of the high to the low affect the wind threat, or is the pure differential more important? Many thanks.

I think everyone is entitled to some weenie-ing out with these runs. Not sure anyone would've called for this turn of events just 12 hours ago. Funny thing is, while I really had no meteorological reasoning to back it up, I was optimistic we'd get this threat back on the models once we got today's event out of the way. Of course I was expecting more of a northward trend on a clipper and something more along the lines of a high end advisory...not the full fledged phase and potential blizzard that's being shown. Hoping the models haven't rubber banded to the other extreme and trend tamer in the next couple days. Hopefully everyone is able to cash in on a solid warning event.

Sent from my iPhone

Not to be jerk but I mentioned this possibility yesterday, and gave reasoning why... Also annotated chartage a few posts/page or so ago, and the arguments contained were present even two days ago.  

Not to be jerk but I mentioned this possibility yesterday, and gave reasoning why... Also annotated chartage a few posts/page or so ago, and the arguments contained were present even two days ago.

Fair enough...I wasn't following the model thread closely the last day or two so I missed that. Kudos to you and anyone who hadn't given up on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when was the call   made ? and what  was the phase of the Moon    when you made it    ?

Manitoba thanks you for the mention but this low is developing in SK

http://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=XBE

and will be dropping into ND so would suggest maybe it's a Bakken Bomber.

And my early call is 15-25 inches, 70 mph (NE) wind gusts, regional shutdown during Tuesday night.

Archived