SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Storm Disco for Manitoba Mauler 01/26/27

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense but hoping for NW trend, currently modeling cuts things back pretty quickly out this way. Plenty of time to change that though...

There's going to be a limit to how far NW, but I could see it coming closer to the coast. It has some room. The fear would be it doesn't develop until it's too late...it looks good right now but timing will be everything. Could definitely be further east when it bombs out.

I'd say take 2/25/99 and shift it 80 miles or so to the NW, thats my take on this looking at the different placement of the ridge out west and the capture on the East Coast it should be somewhere close to or slightly less than 100 miles west of who got slammed in that.

That's not nice, I got slammed during that storm, don't remember much of it to be honest, but records say we got 24".

Hey guys I live in NE Philly I am planning on road tripping, final destination wont be known till tom afternoon depending on the models but early guess would be Marlboro MA... I would like to split costs with someone who would road trip with me. I could pick them up....PM me if interested ASAP... Or if by chance someone in SNE wouldnt mind me staying at their place for 2 days Id pay for that as well. Pm me asap ty!!!

The GFS snow map looks like something a coastal dweller would dream up...when they can finally tell their inland friends to go shove it after all the "inland and up" comments they put up with all year long, haha.

Would be quite the gradient with 4.2" at BDL and 18-22" in the BOS metro area.

Other aspects to deal with ... let's celebrate this cycle of model runs but then try to get in with it.

Tides:  This event is relatively slow moving ...deep low pressure and strong wind, this could become a major issue for typical inundation zones.  Not presently aware of the spring tide schedule, but longer duration storms don't always need that assist to be problematic.   

Wind:  Though the abutting high pressure is only midland in strength, the excessive deepening rate/result, will still mean a problem (I suspect) for exposed zones in the coastal plain.  The snow will be powdery (should this prevail...), so thankfully caking will be less a concern save for shore roads. 

Marine contamination:  appears limited due to the "hook and latter" subtlety; the storm tends to curl back as it's captured by deep mid level vortex, and the wind backs more NNE at those and latter points of intensification.  This probably locks any coastal boundary (if there is one...) almost down to the CC Canal. 

The GFS snow map looks like something a coastal dweller would dream up...when they can finally tell their inland friends to go shove it after all the "inland and up" comments they put up with all year long, haha.

Would be quite the gradient with 4.2" at BDL and 18-22" in the BOS metro area.

attachicon.gifgfs_6hr_snow_acc_neng_17.png

Shift that a little further west and it will match my avatar........lol

Archived