• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February mid to long range threats discussion

Ji

Wouldn't we be derelict in our duties if we don't start a thread? Our role in the mid-Atlantic forum is to carry the football to mid-field before handing it over to more northern forums (or should we say before it is stripped from our hands by the varsity). 

With respect to the GFS and EURO patterns.  The west coast ridge is further east and weaker in the GFS, also the east coast flow is east/southeast as opposed to east/northeast in the EURO.  Seems kind of different.  … but I guess you'll are referring to the omega signature. 

I'm hoping this storm is real; the models have sniffed out most storms by day 7 this season

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you read the books CAPE? It will be interesting what they decide to make the major plot line to be since this season kimd of covers two books

No I didnt. I have to be very careful reading anything online with the major spoiler potential. Not that the show follows the books faithfully.

There is quite a bit of support for the light/moderate event during the sat-mon timeframe. Spread gets larger for the follow up. Seems to be trending towards adding to our seasonal totals over the next 10 days.

Gotta wonder what its gonna take to set a widespread warning criteria snow event. We are certainly due, not that that means much.

Good work Ian! I like #23. It's a 72 hour all snow event. #50 goes warm at the end.

I forgot to use the stamps as a guide. #10 ftw.

VOv5aGm.gif

too bad it happens mostly after d10 with the big maps. meandering 971mb must retrograde or something.

I forgot to use the stamps as a guide. #10 ftw.

too bad it happens mostly after d10 with the big maps. meandering 971mb must retrograde or something.

lol- WxBell is the king at weenie time wasting.

The pattern actually looks ok for the next 2 weeks and maybe beyond. We never lose the +pna and it looks like cold with be in large supply in the east. Euro ens are advertising a pretty stout -epo late in the run (gefs is cold too). Pretty big cold signal for so far out in time. If we blank out over the next 2 weeks then I'm pretty sure that same dude from 2012-13 in a back alley room in the french quarter is jabbing pins in the voodoo doll again.

Much different across canada.  Hope it's an aberation but this year, that's been the story.  If we don't get something by the 16th, I'm folding up my tent.

I've gotten accumulating snow after 2/16, 22 times in the last 10 winters, including 9 over 2".  Not great climo for me, but enough events to keep my interest piqued.   I'm usually invested through the 1st week of March.  Then, unless there is a threat, I stop paying attention.  Plus the Euro comes out an hour later starting 3/8.  So I am definitely in it for the next 5 weeks.  Though unless something decent materializes in the next 2 weeks, I am going to chase LES Presidents day weekend if there is something to chase.

I've gotten accumulating snow after 2/16, 22 times in the last 10 winters, including 9 over 2". Not great climo for me, but enough events to keep my interest piqued. I'm usually invested through the 1st week of March. Then, unless there is a threat, I stop paying attention. Plus the Euro comes out an hour later starting 3/8. So I am definitely in it for the next 5 weeks. Though unless something decent materializes in the next 2 weeks, I am going to chase LES Presidents day weekend if there is something to chase.

You should go up to davis WV to chase their upslope snow, plus u can xc ski or downhill ski.

Well it's warm, but the GFS at least has a storm in the Sunday/Monday timeframe.  Really is an odd evolution as a low dies in the lakes and reforms over western north carolina, but similar to what other models have been showing so perhaps it has some legs.  Low probability high consequence type deal. Nearly 3.00" qpf over Philadelphia as the low deepens and retrogrades. 

Archived