• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February mid to long range threats discussion

Ji

Weird looking but another case where the trough has that look it's close to something.. sorta like pre blizzard (cough mitch cough, lol). 

Sends us a run of steroid clippers after too. Long range is always better than short range. :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it that only the good setups in the long range fizzle out?

Cause it is post 144 hours on numerical prediction model... That range will change from run to run... 120 hours is my "I am gonna start taking this serious" threshold.

there is literally nothing to track 1st week of Feb...who would have thought that back around Thanksgiving...or even Xmas that this is where we would be at this point.  I look at the GFS op and see nothing at all.  No hint of anything viable. 

Back in November it looked like it was going to be very very cold into at least Jan. Then we got the milder December, then a cold/dry Jan. Now we just have to will some snow out of this month's storms. If only we could get some semblance of a block......

There's just enough ensemble members (looks like ~15 members) from the 00z EURO tonight that suggest a possible storm with snow late next weekend/early next week... I guess I will hold on and see what becomes of the Feb 8 to 12th time period on future runs...

you don't have all three requirements foe an EC SNOW STOPRM, -NA0, -AO. isn't this correct??

Even when the MSLP passes us just to our south and the run looks good (i.e. 150-159) its rain :axe:

Yeah, no cold air or not enough cold (or marginal) even with a good track.  Smells like that storm a couple of Fridays ago.  That nice high to the north is just not doing anything down this way it seems.  Set-up looks nothing like it did the other day, not sure what happened.  Oh well.

Archived