12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February mid to long range threats discussion

Ji

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro keeps the trough further west but gfs looks a lot like that cfs Mitch was posting. Trough axis off the east coast so everything is diving down right over us. That's not going to work unless you love chilly dry weather with occasional flurries.

Looks like 40s as far as the eye can see with an occasional dip...just gonna have to be a surprise snow if there is to be one this year

Looking at h5 this storm is ripe to have the same issues as the current one.

we are not likely to get good blocking this year so every storm is going to have that risk. Doesn't mean the will all go north. If the h5 vort had trended south instead of north we could have done good in this setup. It just means we need some luck because nothing is coming easy.

Trust me guys im as skeptical as you, but for my sanity I need something to track

I hear you...and I certainly understand the high degree of skepticism from everyone else (especially in light of what just happened!).  But you're right, it's something to track.  We all know the caveats in a year like this without the true blocking, so excitement levels should be highly tempered.  This year we almost certainly are not going to get something ideal that shows up well in advance.  Just going by what the GFS shows, I will say that that high is centered in southeast Canada right above the low center, not pushing in from south-central Canada and the northern Plains area behind it.  That's a bit of a difference from this current system today.  Not saying this is a given, but just noting the different look for what it's worth (maybe not much).

I'm not saying to be excited, we all know its low probability. But the mid feb period looks promising. The pattern isn't perfect but far from hostile and that is a money period for us to score even in a crap year. There are enough things going in our favor to think we might get one good event before it's over.

I was comparing 500 maps from 33 hr and 198 hr just randomly to see the differences....what these untrained eyes see is strong low pressure in north east Canada locking in the high over south east Canada at 198 vice hr 33...our current POS that doesn't have that...so the 50/50 is money for us with the next Sun/Mon potential fail....way too far obviously to worry

Archived