Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/25-1/26 Snow Threat

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My call for MBY is 1.8" total. I think Sunday gets up to about 44 degrees and as is the usual the precip gets here early so the heavy stuff is waisted on rain...the turnover will be fun and the accumulation will be quick but brief and then it will just be light non accumulating snow on Monday. After the event Ji will then proclaim victory on his 0-3 prediction despite two of the events will have delivered some snow...also DT will post something about how he nailed this back in December

Obviously I'm just guessing...using model trends or my interpretation of them splashed with some seasonal trends and knowledge of my areas climo and yes....lots of pessimism...but hey...I've been more right then wrong this year despite my complete and total lack of skill.

Good luck...hope I'm wrong and it's more.

Don't forget my call that the cold coming will be pretty unimpressive and short lived

A little blurb from Mount Holly AFD this morning. I could see a scenario where both the far western and eastern areas do the best, with the area in between getting lighter amounts. If I didn't have to work I might road trip to Rehoboth :P

THERE IS OPPORTUNITY FOR THIS STORM TO DEEPEN CLOSER TO THE COAST
ON MONDAY. THIS CERTAINLY PORTENDS TO BECOME AT LEAST AN ADVISORY
SITUATION FOR THE DELMARVA AND COASTAL NEW JERSEY AND NEEDS TO BE
MONITORED FOR MORE SIGNIFICANT POWDERY AMOUNTS OF SNOW. SNOW WATER
RATIOS SHOULD BE MUCH DRIER THAN WHAT OCCURRED LAST NIGHT....IN
OTHER WORDS FLUFFIER.

A POTENTIAL HAZARDOUS MONDAY MORNING COMMUTE IS IN THE OFFING FOR
A PORTION OF OUR FORECAST AREA. GUSTY NORTHERLY WINDS TO 20 TO 25
MPH MAY CAUSE SOME DRIFTING OF THE SNOW ON THE DELMARVA...ESPECIALLY
THE DELAWARE COAST.

A little blurb from Mount Holly AFD this morning. I could see a scenario where both the far western and eastern areas do the best, with the area in between getting lighter amounts. If I didn't have to work I might road trip to Rehoboth :P

THERE IS OPPORTUNITY FOR THIS STORM TO DEEPEN CLOSER TO THE COAST

ON MONDAY. THIS CERTAINLY PORTENDS TO BECOME AT LEAST AN ADVISORY

SITUATION FOR THE DELMARVA AND COASTAL NEW JERSEY AND NEEDS TO BE

MONITORED FOR MORE SIGNIFICANT POWDERY AMOUNTS OF SNOW. SNOW WATER

RATIOS SHOULD BE MUCH DRIER THAN WHAT OCCURRED LAST NIGHT....IN

OTHER WORDS FLUFFIER.

A POTENTIAL HAZARDOUS MONDAY MORNING COMMUTE IS IN THE OFFING FOR

A PORTION OF OUR FORECAST AREA. GUSTY NORTHERLY WINDS TO 20 TO 25

MPH MAY CAUSE SOME DRIFTING OF THE SNOW ON THE DELMARVA...ESPECIALLY

THE DELAWARE COAST.

Yeah, if the Euro solution plays out it would be torture, precip to the west of the area in PA, West VA, western MD, that reforms and buries NYC/eastern NJ/ and LI. But skips over Baltimore/DC.

so pull the trigger....you would go w/it or you wouldn't?

I waited up for it since I was up late and today was my forecast.. and then ended up basically entirely disregarding it. I did remove "shovelable" from the title just in case. But no.. I wouldn't go with 0z, esp since the other models seem to be holding since. If they all start bailing and 12z backs it up maybe a different story.

I waited up for it since I was up late and today was my forecast.. and then ended up basically entirely disregarding it. I did remove "shovelable" from the title just in case. But no.. I wouldn't go with 0z, esp since the other models seem to be holding since. If they all start bailing and 12z backs it up maybe a different story.

well, I think it's wrong on the qpf

but the warmth is now starting to worry me

this is the GFS info for BWI.....it's quickly turning into another last minute, pos storm for us I fear

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=KBWI

this is the GFS info for BWI.....it's quickly turning into another last minute, pos storm for us I fear

the warmth is a concern for sure though i'm not sure the models are handling things completely right as it gets going. i'd rather not hit 50 tomorrow tho that's for sure. but i think we'd see temps drop pretty rapidly as the system happens.. i undercut guidance a bit on that.. maybe too much, went u 10s to mid-20s by Monday morning.

the warmth is a concern for sure though i'm not sure the models are handling things completely right as it gets going. i'd rather not hit 50 tomorrow tho that's for sure. but i think we'd see temps drop pretty rapidly as the system happens.. i undercut guidance a bit on that.. maybe too much, went u 10s to mid-20s by Monday morning.

RGEM did pretty darn well with last night's storm qpf-wise, though it was too cold

if the 6Z run is any indication on qpf, I think we can get .5", but it shows rain falling up to the PA border on its 48 hr map

http://weather.gc.ca/data/model_forecast/colour_images/06_054_R1_north@america_I_QPFTYPES_t6_048.png

My call for MBY is 1.8" total. I think Sunday gets up to about 44 degrees and as is the usual the precip gets here early so the heavy stuff is waisted on rain...the turnover will be fun and the accumulation will be quick but brief and then it will just be light non accumulating snow on Monday. After the event Ji will then proclaim victory on his 0-3 prediction despite two of the events will have delivered some snow...also DT will post something about how he nailed this back in December

Obviously I'm just guessing...using model trends or my interpretation of them splashed with some seasonal trends and knowledge of my areas climo and yes....lots of pessimism...but hey...I've been more right then wrong this year despite my complete and total lack of skill.

Good luck...hope I'm wrong and it's more.

Don't forget my call that the cold coming will be pretty unimpressive and short lived

sounds a bit wonky to me

Temps are an issue early on, but assuming there is some influence from the deepening coastal, temps will be crashing as the snow gets steadier. Question is how far south and how soon the trough goes neg. Need this to come together sooner/further south/closer to the coast. If not we watch folks up the coast get buried while we get an inch or two.

Archived