Newest Member
    Toothache
1/25-1/26 Snow Threat

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't bother to look at 12z run, but it looks perfect at 48 hrs this run

I dunno from the descriptions on here I expected ggem to look good but when I actually saw it was kinda let down. Definitely a very nice run for dc. Not so impressive Baltimore north. From posts thought it was better area wide.

I dunno from the descriptions on here I expected ggem to look good but when I actually saw it was kinda let down. Definitely a very nice run for dc. Not so impressive Baltimore north. From posts thought it was better area wide.

Area.......

"Covering all of MD, WV, DC, Northern/Central VA, Central/Southern DE"

Pennsylvania

0594022.jpg

Come home if you're so worried about it... 

2%...I think the euro might be leading the way on this one....2-4"

2-4" is probably about as reasonable as one can expect currently.  With the possibility (hope?) for some upswing on that.  Given that a couple of days ago this threat had all but fallen off the edge of the earth, the indications in the past day or so have been positive.

Nickelanddimeyoura$$toclimo city. Who needs an HECS when you can get 3" every week :)

Who needs measurable snow when you can pixie dust and one thirty secondth of an inch your way to climo by April 30th?

Fairfax needs to make sure they close schools on Monday, because they will get 4-7 inches of snow from this Manitoba Mauler. Prince William County will be just fine. We'll get some pixie dust, like usual.

2-4" is probably about as reasonable as one can expect currently.  With the possibility (hope?) for some upswing on that.  Given that a couple of days ago this threat had all but fallen off the edge of the earth, the indications in the past day or so have been positive.

I think almost every model for 7-10 days has given us precip with this system.

I think almost every model for 7-10 days has given us precip with this system.

Well, it did show up and looked pretty good several days or so ago.  But there was a period where it was going too far north, giving us some light rain showers before the front went through.  Then it started this digging more trend with a much more favorable look for decent snow.

It seems like it's really having issues keeping the storm together and transferring as it crosses the apps. The other models don't show that as much.

I hate the Euro when it does this stuff. It might be right but if it's not we will still worry because it's the Euro. It seems wonky and an outlier even if not unbelievable.

Archived