Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/25-1/26 Snow Threat

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole series seems wonky on the euro.  Has a weak vort that meanders from West Virginia to Southern North Carolina in 6 hours.  It develops into a Miller B and than bombs out to 979 mb?  It would basically end civilization on eastern long Island and Nantucket verbatim.  Not impossible, but if the high is a driving mechanism to the original vort, it would have a more defined track than that.

The whole series seems wonky on the euro.  Has a weak vort that meanders from West Virginia to Southern North Carolina in 6 hours.  It develops into a Miller B and than bombs out to 979 mb?  It would basically end civilization on eastern long Island and Nantucket verbatim.  Not impossible, but if the high is a driving mechanism to the original vort, it would have a more defined track than that.

I was better off not having watched that.. now that I see it.. makes more sense. lol.

Well yeah obviously it would suck, but from a meteorological standpoint, what the EURO does would be pretty wicked to see

I know what you're saying but the time is now to cash in. I've seen enough New England blizzards that leave us high and dry. Watching a scenario play out as depicted on tonight's Euro would be unbearable.

It's just one run of the euro but I'm torn how to feel about the fact it dies eventually bomb out the low. I want a higher end event. But not sure if a bombing out miller b scenario can work for us. Obviously it diesel on this run but can we get a combo of the gfs and euro where this bombs out off Norfolk instead if New England.

FWIW, if people remember, Euro gave us a run with like 0.10" QPF like 24-36 hours before 1/21/14, and then corrected itself next run...it is the best model, but it still screws up northern stream stuff

on 1/19/14, 12z EURO gave DC 0.07" after being much more bullish the night before....then it corrected that night...

Archived