Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/25-1/26 Snow Threat

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what, if the NAM verified verbatim, and I got my 6-7" I wouldn't care that the SNE is in 20-30+. However, that wraparound, despite believable, is tough to fully believe. The SNE solution is possible..

I don't think it can dig enough and tilt enough to do anything like that to us however it can lock in wraparound and -SN to periodic SN with cold temperatures and windy conditions.

Because it's drier

Because it's trending toward the Euro idea of redeveloper skipping over us.

Its really not that great relative to what we had going in.

Yeah go back 3 or 4 runs and compare. Trends are awful. I guess people incrementally lower expectations with each model cycle. So now a couple inches looks great I guess.

You know what, if the NAM verified verbatim, and I got my 6-7" I wouldn't care that the SNE is in 20-30+. However, that wraparound, despite believable, is tough to fully believe. The SNE solution is possible..

I don't think it can dig enough and tilt enough to do anything like that to us however it can lock in wraparound and -SN to periodic SN with cold temperatures and windy conditions.

Feb 1978 had a really nice wraparound for Baltimore and much of northern and eastern MD... a good 8-16" for our area. DCA was skunked though.

I have no idea how this setup compares and I haven't checked, but we can sometimes catch the tail end of an exploding Miller B and do okay.

Where is Hi-Z? About time for one of his posts about how meteorologically interesting this storm is.

Well to be fair, it is "meteorologically interesting".  But it's becoming suckier model run by model run for us.  At this point, I almost wish for this thing to dig to FL and then run up the coast!  Might be better for us (though won't happen)!

Serious question, if other models fall in line with last night's EURO & today's 12z NAM, would anyone be interested in road tripping with me? Split the room etc. I went up there for NEMO and it was prob the best night of my life.

If I lived in Philly, I would be all over it.

Serious question, if other models fall in line with last night's EURO & today's 12z NAM, would anyone be interested in road tripping with me? Split the room etc. I went up there for NEMO and it was prob the best night of my life. 

Is that the one that had 70MPH winds reported out of BOS?  I was (sickly) watching the reports come in for that one at the time.

I am with Ian, if the hopes for DC North are hung on moisture backing in from the coastal , well, I guess that works out once a decade or so, but, hard to hang your hat on it.

It's not even really wraparound either it doesn't seem. It's some sort of inverted trough/norlun.

Why wouldn't the GFS and Canadian follow suite? It should not be a surprise when they do...disappointing but not a surprise. It's like people are oblivious to trends sometimes......

Exactly.

People have been  here long enough to know how it goes from here without having to sit through the entire movie.

Only if you stop making random words into acronyms.

Archived