Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/25-1/26 Snow Threat

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wes, do you think we have a shot at a closeoff and neutral/neg tilt as it passes underneath? The idea was there but too little too late. I'm still greedy. Lol

I think that is still possible but is a long shot.  I haven't seen the GGEM 500h but it look more in line precipwise with the GFS than the NAM liking the initial shot fo precip more than the redevelopment over BWI and points northeast at least as far out as I've been able to look.

GGEM is probably 0.5" for me and 0.6 - 0.7 for IAD

It's a godo run and almost back up a band enough to hit me once the low starts developing offshore.  I'd take it but right now would still lean towards 1-3" for a forecast with the idea that the bigger bust potential is for the storm to produce more than that. 

It's a godo run and almost back up a band enough to hit me once the low starts developing offshore.  I'd take it but right now would still lean towards 1-3" for a forecast with the idea that the bigger bust potential is for the storm to produce more than that. 

I think that is a sound forecast....I really hope the euro at least beefs up to something reasonable and not another 0.07" for me and you

I get the part after 0Z Tuesday... but does the inverted trough feature start before then? The first burst through Monday afternoon is not that far off QPF from the GFS solution. 

That's mostly true probably.. that feature does become the inverted trough though and the 500 evolution is pretty close to the Euro. 

Safe but this isn't really a typical clipper.

i hear that a lot with digital representations of clippers, but generally find setting expectations at clipper climo 1-3" with boom possibility is the way to go, even with the more diggy clippers.  Models will drive you nuts with qpf and local bands etc. I know there will be a band of more than the 1-3" but find it pointless to try and predict it this far in advance.  Sounds like Wes is taking this line of thinking as well, and I would think that's what CWG probably goes with to be safe.  Also, the clipper actually behaves a lot like our typical clippers until after it passes us by.  What it does up in New England really doesn't affect our forecast, IMHO.

Archived