12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys! I am snow chasing to see this storm and coming to New England tonight! I know it's not that big of a storm but I live on the eastern shore of MD and we are suffering a snowless winter. lol.

I am planning to stay in Worcester, MA. You all think that will be a good spot?

I'm thinking they'll get a general 5"-7" there. The back edge snows look impressive to me on some models.

it's just an annoying storm. it is so marginal with storm track and temperature profiles that it's hard to enjoy the excitement and build up, like it would be if a KU was barreling up the coast, and then dealing with the fact that in all likelihood it will prevent the next potential storm from becoming anything significant.

Looks like most of it on the south coast/S CT is on the front end...it flips between 30-33 hours.

This is 3 hour precip by 30 hours when it is still snowing across all of SNE minus the Cape...there's actually a bit before this 3 hour frame too, but not much:

P1_GZ_D5_PN_030_0000.gif

PT_PN_030_0000.gif

That said, I'm not convinced the front end is this good. Though the Euro was more bullish than the American guidance too with over a quarter inch qpf for the south coast before the flip

The RGEM has not been quite as great this winter as last year, but it has still been good....the one thing I've noticed is it has consistently been too warm on ptypes by about 30-50 miles at times on events this winter, even with the clipper down in SNJ the other day it was, so its interesting to see it so snowy.

Hey guys! I am snow chasing to see this storm and coming to New England tonight! I know it's not that big of a storm but I live on the eastern shore of MD and we are suffering a snowless winter. lol.

I am planning to stay in Worcester, MA. You all think that will be a good spot?

I'm thinking they'll get a general 5"-7" there. The back edge snows look impressive to me on some models.

ORH should be a good spot. Good combo of colder mid levels and heavy precip. It might mix there for a brief couple hours but it should be mostly snow id think.

Stay somewhere on the north side of town though.

it's just an annoying storm. it is so marginal with storm track and temperature profiles that it's hard to enjoy the excitement and build up, like it would be if a KU was barreling up the coast, and then dealing with the fact that in all likelihood it will prevent the next potential storm from becoming anything significant.

Amen

ORH should be a good spot. Good combo of colder mid levels and heavy precip. It might mix there for a brief couple hours but it should be mostly snow id think.

Stay somewhere on the north side of town though.

I should add that the north side of town doesn't have many accommodations but if you go just over the city line into West Boylston on Rt 12 there is a classic inn and suites you can stay at for prob like 70-80 bucks. Good spot for winter events on the north side there. In this event I'd feel better about that bit of extra latitude.

I should add that the north side of town doesn't have many accommodations but if you go just over the city line into West Boylston on Rt 12 there is a classic inn and suites you can stay at for prob like 70-80 bucks. Good spot for winter events on the north side there. In this event I'd feel better about that bit of extra latitude.

Thank you, I found a Quality Inn on the north side of Worcester close to Shrewsbury. Didn't want to go too far in fear they would miss out on some heavier precip. But colder the better you're right.

Congrats you and Dendrite. You wanted this.

We are within specifics range...what are your specific thoughts for your own backyard?

Keep in mind that you have said multiple times in the past few weeks that even a 2-4" snowfall would go a long way but you couldn't even get that this winter.

Archived