joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kitchen sink in areas of alternating lift before CCB.

Yeah definitely. Even in areas expected to get 6"+. I can envision like a quick 1-3 and then a mixed bag amounting to another inch of junk before flipping back for another 3-4.

The obs thread will probably be utter panic too when that happens because nobody believes in backside snows.

Certainly that isn't a lock either but it does look like there should be a period there at the end fora few hours.

Is there a reason why BOX doesn't have at least a WWA?

Their discussion said they were holding off due to uncertainty, I interpreted that as they were on the fence between a watch(which would become a warning) and an advisory and so just decided to do nothing for now. I'd bet that we'll see warnings with the 4 PM package especially considering that if my quick look at the EURO is right, it's colder.

Euro is really close to all snow for the pike/BOS region, looks like it might taint briefly at 850, but it's a solid 4-6" on the front end for that region plus whatever happens on the backend(Not out to there yet).

Edit: Backend looks awesome. Warning criteria for most when you combine the two.

Wow. Euro is really juiced up. That's a lot of front end snow until it looks like it mixes to about the pike...maybe a shade north.

Looks pretty good for a change back to snow at the end for several hours.

Would this mean a heavier, wet type snow further north since the warmth is further north?

I'm expecting a little bit of time at least in the transition to pingers. Hopefully it will be short lived

Yeah I think most of us ping or deal with some form of mixed crap/ZR for a time but I don't think it will last that long. Esp north of the pike. I'd expect it to collapse back SE fairly quickly after about 2pm.

Archived