amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One tiny closed contour at 850 mb. It's literally a line marking the 850 WF...lol.

When comparing it to the Euro, the Euro has the vortmax more consildated by the time it reaches S of SNE, the NAM has the vort energy all stretched out. It's hideous.

NAM looks putrid at H5...the trough is a little more neg tilted, but it doesn't really deepen much aloft. It's almost like a SWFE, lol.

Thats why I've been sort of pounding the front end thump idea down by NYC...there is not really a strong warm air push with this...the places that changeover do so because they get too close to the 850 low...in that case I said I could see NYC snowing from 06-14Z or so since surface winds are more or less NE the entire time, if any area gets under persistent moderate snow there is no way this system will overcome the mid-levels until that 850 low passes over or nearby.

a general 4-6" it seems for most of the area.

Yup, nobody is getting double digits in this one. Fast moving, marginal set up, lack of cold and really counting on an explosive low that stays true to modeled track. I think a high end advisory event is coming for many who deserve something decent (Ray, Jay and the I-495 crew look locked, hopefully Scott and others cash in) Biggest event of the season so far for many in SNE.

RGEM is actually a very good run for the pike crowd...only a couple hours of taint and it flips back to snow and is snowing very well at 48h when we reach the end of the run. It;s much longer duration than the NAM run

This is snow through 48h..and its snowing in the CCB at this point with the R/S line collapsing SE in SE MA.

SN_000_048_0000.gif

48h ptype

I_nw_r1_EST_2015012300_048.png

RGEM is actually a very good run for the pike crowd...only a couple hours of taint and it flips back to snow and is snowing very well at 48h when we reach the end of the run. It;s much longer duration than the NAM run

This is snow through 48h..and its snowing in the CCB at this point with the R/S line collapsing SE in SE MA.

SN_000_048_0000.gif

48h ptype

I_nw_r1_EST_2015012300_048.png

For where that surface low is tracking, It looks like we would get into the CCB as it looks to go thru the GOM instead of east of NS

were getting about 2 inches thats it, this is a southern storm.  Same for Monday wont problably see anything but a coating if that but will be nice to see light snow falling instead of rain. Hope we finally get our storm though maybe later on.  Congrats to the guys to the south they so deserve this.  I just hope James on the Cape gets his snow!!!

were getting about 2 inches thats it, this is a southern storm. Same for Monday wont problably see anything but a coating if that but will be nice to see light snow falling instead of rain. Hope we finally get our storm though maybe later on. Congrats to the guys to the south they so deserve this. I just hope James on the Cape gets his snow!!!

Pls stop

Archived