joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 3-4, 2015 Storm Obs/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not coming down hard.  Whatever it is, it's not really sleet, but maybe some type of really needly snow.  We'll see if we can get to something better.  But, I think we're about to go to a pure sleet situation once the rates pick up.

20.3/18

That's exactly what happened here. The lower CCs on dual pol would suggest sleet line runs from around Stratton to Brattleboro now.

It's not coming down hard.  Whatever it is, it's not really sleet, but maybe some type of really needly snow.  We'll see if we can get to something better.  But, I think we're about to go to a pure sleet situation once the rates pick up.

20.3/18

Still mostly snow here. Close to 1.5" but the taint is there.

Cold 24/22. We pelt than glaze.

sleet with some freezing rain mixing in now here outside Springfield.  27F.  Roads better.  About an inch OTG.

Secondary roads will be awful with 27F and rain.

Not the most pleasant trip from mount snow back home. Took about 3 hours. 2.2" here and now over to freezing rain and 29F.

I heard from friends I-91 was rough. Roads here suck right now.

Should have stopped for a fresh beer at People's Pint if you were passing right through here. Lol. Beers on me if I'm around next time.

I heard from friends I-91 was rough. Roads here suck right now.

Should have stopped for a fresh beer at People's Pint if you were passing right through here. Lol. Beers on me if I'm around next time.

Yeah 91 was brutal from greenfield through Northampton. All ice. Lots of spinouts and people driving like morons. Was fine from Holyoke through hartford.

Archived