Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 3-4, 2015 Storm Obs/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Deep deep cold..ftw

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM SUNDAY MORNING/...UPDATE...HAVE UPDATED GRIDS BASED ON CURRENT CONDITIONS. STRONG HIGHPRESSURE STILL IN PLACE WITH COLD TEMPERATURES AND VERY LOW DEWPOINTS AS OF 00Z. DEEP ARCTIC AIRMASS WILL BE DIFFICULT TODISPLACE TONIGHT. HAVE SHIFTED THE TRANSITION TIME FOR THECHANGEOVER TO SLEET...FREEZING RAIN AND RAIN BY A COUPLE HOURSBASED ON THIS SCENARIO. EXPECT TEMPS INLAND TO STRUGGLE TO CLIMBTHROUGH EARLY TOMORROW MORNING...ESPECIALLY IN THE GRAY...TOWATERVILLE CORRIDOR.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you do that?  I don't understand those "contracts".  Should be a come if I call you type of deal.  You think there would be some clause for snow being washed away by rain within 12 hours.

There's 3 houses ahead of us, its they've used this guy for 20 years. It's technically a driveway because it's not a street, so the town won't maintain it. It's more a street than a driveway though. THis is the last house before it goes dirt, which isn't maintained in the winter.

There's 3 houses ahead of us, its they've used this guy for 20 years. It's technically a driveway because it's not a street, so the town won't maintain it. It's more a street than a driveway though. THis is the last house before it goes dirt, which isn't maintained in the winter.

Sucks, dude.

Crappy deal right there.

Its been dumping cold sugar (as eyewall called it) the past couple hours.  Over 2" in a pretty short period of time.

Nice enhanced echoes lighting up in the BTV/MVL/MPV corridor.  These front end warm air advection events over arctic air, are usually fun to watch.  1/2sm moderate snow has been falling at MVL and MPV.

Jan_3b_zpsc5f6b6e4.jpg

What would be reasonable, just curious?

I've seen rates from 20-30 per storm, depending on size of driveway. Then the rate increases when they have to comeback over the same area for larger storms. But again, it all depends on the area.

I don't have a plow service since I clear it myself.  I meant sh*tty deal because they come plow knowing that this snow will be gone before mid day tomorrow.

I've seen rates from 20-30 per storm, depending on size of driveway. Then the rate increases when they have to comeback over the same area for larger storms. But again, it all depends on the area.

I don't have a plow service since I clear it myself.  I meant sh*tty deal because they come plow knowing that this snow will be gone before mid day tomorrow.

Yeah I doubt he'll come tonight. It's really a road, there just happens to be a Forbes (i.e John Kerry' cousin) at the end of the drive that wants to keep the original address, so we all have to suffer.

Archived