• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January Banter Thread

H2O

Everyone always says this about him. Good to hear this about a celebrity/athlete for a change. I got his autograph when I was 12 back in 1985 at baseball camp. He may be the only player ever to win a batting title in three different decades. Go on youtube and look for the video where he tells a hilarious story about the time he crapped his pants in Las Vegas.

One of the greatest players ever, and IIRC, he either got only a few seconds or no mention at all in Ken Burns' "Baseball" documentary (actually documentary is kind, it is more of a Bataan Death March version of TV if you are not a Yanks or Sox fan).

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) of course it wasn't and nobody asserted it was. but it was infinitely better than his and many of yours in that thread, too.

2) nope

3) again, nope. not at all. not even a little bit.

4) tell me something i don't know. we've seen them this year, last year, the year before that, and so on. it's nothing new, dude, and there is zero reason to point it out time after time after time.

and again, nobody cares what he hopes for.

ETA: nobody cares what he hopes for in real discussion threads. put that ish in banter.

Listen asswipe, nobody here cares how good you think your posts are, and I certainly couldn't care less what you think of mine. In fact, if I was witty enough, I'd now start making posts just to see if I could piss you off.

BTW, you have a stupid screen name.

I'm with Ian Ian, thinking a great possibly memorable period is underway .

i don't know if i buy "great" or "memorable" (mainly because it's just not common here), but like i've said before it's difficult to get consistently chilly/cold temps here.  for the most part, i feel like we've done that ok this winter.  i don't recall any extended mild periods since late november.  i don't think we've even had a january thaw.  we just haven't had the storms, but sooner or later, you'd think we'd start scoring a little and that seems like it might be the case.  the big question i have is whether we can get a moderate (4-6"+) powdery snow.  the last clipper we had was great because of the ratios.  that's my kind of storm.

Listen asswipe, nobody here cares how good you think your posts are, and I certainly couldn't care less what you think of mine. In fact, if I was witty enough, I'd now start making posts just to see if I could piss you off.

BTW, you have a stupid screen name.

Im trying to figure out what started this.  I love a good fight

i don't know if i buy "great" or "memorable" (mainly because it's just not common here), but like i've said before it's difficult to get consistently chilly/cold temps here. for the most part, i feel like we've done that ok this winter. i don't recall any extended mild periods since late november. i don't think we've even had a january thaw. we just haven't had the storms, but sooner or later, you'd think we'd start scoring a little and that seems like it might be the case. the big question i have is whether we can get a moderate (4-6"+) powdery snow. the last clipper we had was great because of the ratios. that's my kind of storm.

Not sure about great, but I think many of us are now in a spot where we could reach and exceed climo with a little luck.

It started when he decided to pile on the same guy you guys were arguing with. I didn't think it was fair so I said so. He thought he'd come after me. I'm done...I don't have time for stupid.

Are you sure that's not one of zwyts/snow's many personas.....doesn't he have like 10 different screen names?  Could be a trolling effort.  Stay vigilant.

One of the greatest players ever, and IIRC, he either got only a few seconds or no mention at all in Ken Burns' "Baseball" documentary (actually documentary is kind, it is more of a Bataan Death March version of TV if you are not a Yanks or Sox fan).

He once said he would practice his swing 700 times a day in order to perfect it.

ok. Thanks...just got weatherbell and didn't see them there.

I have Wxbell also. It's not the easiest site for the novice to intermediate level weenie. I've had it for over 3 years now. They should have a permanent tutorial video on how to use the site for new members. I like the site but wish the models would update faster. I would assume SV is the fastest.

Archived