joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see the Kliq continue to abuse their powers.

I abuse my powers on the regular.   Do you know how prestigious it is to be an Admin on a wx board with such broad and commanding powers?  Friends fear me...or wanna BE me, son!

re: Kliq...just so we don't have another "Nazgul" moment, what nerdfest movie is this from?  Or does it just mean clique sort of in the way paranoid people talk about the "United States of Amerika"?

Praetorian Guard,

Word of advice...I get you're all on the "fight the power" and the evil clique rage and honestly, that lameness doesn't bother me..but you should probably slow down, listen and learn a bit.   I'm honestly trying to help you out here.   So, instead of raging against the machine (which you do very well), put that energy into chilling out, learning and then posting something decent.   Frankly, your posts stunk up the 23rd storm thread.   We all have had or still have crappy posts from time to time.    Also, telling people to go eff themselves probably won't win you any friends.   

Also, nobody gives a sh*t about SNE in here.  

I've decided that people like to be "surprised" by snow.  We spend obscene amounts of time tracking storms and analyzing models, but when D-day comes, people like to psych themselves out of it really happening so they can be pleasantly surprised.  It's not my MO, but I think most people must work like this.  

Praetorian Guard,

Word of advice...I get you're all on the "fight the power" and the evil clique rage and honestly, that lameness doesn't bother me..but you should probably slow down, listen and learn a bit.   I'm honestly trying to help you out here.   So, instead of raging against the machine (which you do very well), put that energy into chilling out, learning and then posting something decent.   Frankly, your posts stunk up the 23rd storm thread.   We all have had or still have crappy posts from time to time.    Also, telling people to go eff themselves probably won't win you any friends.   

Also, nobody gives a sh*t about SNE in here.  

Maybe if people stop deleting light-hearted posts all the time, this board wouldn't be on the edge so much.

Also, I was doing a PBP, not sure why you think my posts suck.

I've decided that people like to be "surprised" by snow.  We spend obscene amounts of time tracking storms and analyzing models, but when D-day comes, people like to psych themselves out of it really happening so they can be pleasantly surprised.  It's not my MO, but I think most people must work like this.  

It's a perpetual motion machine. It's better when onset is before most people wake up. Keeps threads cleaner. 

not sure why you think my posts suck.

See below.

Uh, wha?

PraetorianGuard, on 21 Jan 2015 - 09:56 AM, said:snapback.png

Hi-Res NAM gives DC metro 4-5" of snow.

That's the 12k NAM . High res is 4k and stops at hr 60

Maybe if people stop deleting light-hearted posts all the time, this board wouldn't be on the edge so much.

Also, I was doing a PBP, not sure why you think my posts suck.

Light hearted posts are fine....mostly in the banter thread.   Problem is, you post them a lot in model threads...and listen..we all do it sometimes...I'm an admin and I do it sometimes and get this...even mine are deleted! :o    I don't throw a hissy fit  or go back and restore them though because 99% of the time, they deserved to be deleted.  

But your PBP in one post was completely wrong.

Light hearted posts are fine....mostly in the banter thread.   Problem is, you post them a lot in model threads...and listen..we all do it sometimes...I'm an admin and I do it sometimes and get this...even mine are deleted! :o    I don't throw a hissy fit  or go back and restore them though because 99% of the time, they deserved to be deleted.  

But your PBP in one post was completely wrong.

A lot posts in the model thread get deleted for no good reason. The policies here really suck and remind me of a Kafka novel, but whatever.

A lot posts in the model thread get deleted for no good reason. The policies here really suck and remind me of a Kafka novel, but whatever.

This is the time when you see the light in what Randy is preaching to you. Were all human and this is supposed to be a fun experience for everyone. People are always tuning in expecting to get their PBP if they're on the go or wish to read about the specifics. Its not that you're posting clutter...I'm sure you have quality intentions and are trying to enjoy the tracking just as much as we all do. All you gotta do is process the thought. Bring the good laughs to this thread we are always ready for some of that especially in the midst of this winter we've had.

This is the time when you see the light in what Randy is preaching to you. Were all human and this is supposed to be a fun experience for everyone. People are always tuning in expecting to get their PBP if they're on the go or wish to read about the specifics. Its not that you're posting clutter...I'm sure you have quality intentions and are trying to enjoy the tracking just as much as we all do. All you gotta do is process the thought. Bring the good laughs to this thread we are always ready for some of that especially in the midst of this winter we've had.

I'm trying to learn, and I can't do that by posting in the Banter thread only...

You could just read, that's a thought.  Or you could learn to post better by thinking about which posts have been either deleted or hidden.   That's another thought.  

So I can't learn by actually doing what 95% people do here anyways? How insulting.

Archived