Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and they should.  effing horrible decision.  Not happy my son stood outside for so long with no updates.  They ususally call when buses are delayed

Normally, I think people around here overreact, but I agree this time.  I mean, 2" isn't a lot of snow...but 2" and 32 degrees is a lot different than 2" and 25 degrees around here.

From the PIO: 

The Anne Arundel County Police Department responded to approximately 142 accidents, most of them minor fender benders, between the hours of 3:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Our agency and other agencies have handled many of these incidents. Most involved vehicles sliding off the road with property damage only and drivers exchanging information.

At approximately 7:11 a.m., officers responded to a crash at Edwin Raynor Boulevard at CountrySide Drive in Pasadena. A Ford Explorer ran into a tree. One of the two occupants of that vehicle was trapped for a period of time. Both victims were taken to University of Maryland Shock Trauma.

They have been identified as a 17-year-old male from Pasadena, non-life threatening injuries and a 17-year-old female from Pasadena who has critical injuries. The male was the driver of the vehicle. Both were heading to Northeast High School. 

From the PIO: 

The Anne Arundel County Police Department responded to approximately 142 accidents, most of them minor fender benders, between the hours of 3:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Our agency and other agencies have handled many of these incidents. Most involved vehicles sliding off the road with property damage only and drivers exchanging information.

At approximately 7:11 a.m., officers responded to a crash at Edwin Raynor Boulevard at CountrySide Drive in Pasadena. A Ford Explorer ran into a tree. One of the two occupants of that vehicle was trapped for a period of time. Both victims were taken to University of Maryland Shock Trauma.

They have been identified as a 17-year-old male from Pasadena, non-life threatening injuries and a 17-year-old female from Pasadena who has critical injuries. The male was the driver of the vehicle. Both were heading to Northeast High School. 

that passenger is going to need a lawyer    :pimp:

Not to pile on the should schools open or close discussion, but what I don't understand is why school officials give this air of national security in the decision making procedure.  I don't understand why last night, for example, every school system didn't tweet, post, and announce some sort of procedure for this morning.  It was obvious that many MD school systems had decided to delay openings to give themselves more time to make a closing decision, but last night they should have said something like, "Right now we expect schools to open on time in the morning.  However, if at 5AM it is snowing or snow is imminent, we may delay the start of schools for 2 hours.  During that time we will continue to monitor and assess the current conditions and make a final call at 7AM."

This is exactly the procedure Frederick Co. schools took and it worked very well. They made the 2-hr late start at 5am and then told everyone that at 7am they would re-evaluate. At 7 on the dot we were all alerted to the closing. 

Archived