joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, talk about thinking highly of one's self...that's not really how this forum works.

Well, IMO, that's the problem with this forum, is that the signal to noise ratio is so low because everyone is deemed to have something to contribute.  But actually, most folks don't.  You don't see me doing meteorology, because I'm not a meteorologist; and fake geologists shouldn't be doing geology, either. 

The problem with all this earth science stuff is that it is HARD.  Years of training and you still can screw it up - see, e.g, ono. 

I note that you've not acknowledged that you're wrong about the geology of most of the White Mountains, which, of course, you are.  Unless you propose to argue that the summit of Mount Washington isn't high-grade metasedimentary rock that was cooked in the Acadian orogeny, in which case, see e.g. the various papers by that guy who works at Bates. But keep plucking that chicken.

It's semantics at this point. never mentioned a thing about Mt. Washington- just the White mountains in general- but, ya know what- to get back on topic, you're right.  You're very right.  I'm wrong. You're Alma Maters would be proud.   

Well, IMO, that's the problem with this forum, is that the signal to noise ratio is so low because everyone is deemed to have something to contribute.  But actually, most folks don't.  You don't see me doing meteorology, because I'm not a meteorologist; and fake geologists shouldn't be doing geology, either. 

The problem with all this earth science stuff is that it is HARD.  Years of training and you still can screw it up - see, e.g, ono. 

Wow.  just wow. have a nice day.

Forum...noun....1.
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Everyone can contribute their ideas or views on a particular issue, which in this case is weather.

It's semantics at this point. never mentioned a thing about Mt. Washington- just the White mountains in general- but, ya know what- to get back on topic, you're right.  You're very right.  I'm wrong. You're Alma Maters would be proud.   

It's not semantics. Moosilauke isn't granite either - it's super high grade Devonian metamorphic crap.  Monadnock, the same.  So if the Presies aren't granite, and Moosilauke isn't, and Monadnock isn't . . . to be fair, IIRC, Franconia ridge IS, but the whole point is that the batholith doesn't correlate with the highest elevations, it's just one of many rock types you see in New Hampshire and the real reason there is mountains is ???? but at minimum is crustal thickening in the Acadian (and Alleghanian?) orogenies.

Forum...noun....1.
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Everyone can contribute their ideas or views on a particular issue, which in this case is weather.

Obviously, in light of your democratic views, you attended an open admissions university, and not some elitist selective New England liberal arts college?

Archived