joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And so it begins..the comments you hate to see.

"At least its happening in December and not January. "

If we lose the entire month of December..that leaves only 1.5-2 months of true winter before March. And that's assuming it actually is cold and snowy the whole time

If you lose all of December..you kiss any chance of a special winter goodbye.

But man is it depressing this morning. This kind of pattern really puts any holiday feelings on ice.. I admit..it's pretty demoralizing

You crack me up. After going after me yesterday about how bad the pattern sucks..you and you SnowNH's dad, now you go the other way. 

If we lose the entire month of December..that leaves only 1.5-2 months of true winter before March. And that's assuming it actually is cold and snowy the whole time

But man is it depressing this morning. This kind of pattern really puts any holiday feelings on ice.. I admit..it's pretty demoralizing

Losing the first half has been a foregone conclusion for awhile. If you get 80 inches in January and February you'll be doing AIT's from here to kingdom come.

Losing the first half has been a foregone conclusion for awhile. If you get 80 inches in January and February you'll be doing AIT's from here to kingdom come.

The thing is we're not really losing the first half. We've got a couple threats next week with slightly below temps..It's coming at the worst time. The 10-14 days leading up to and thru the holidays. So we're looking at a very warm and snowless landscape for the actual holidays themselves. and TBH..that leaves a pit in my stomach

:weenie:

We all want a balls to the wall winter, end to end, but when it doesn't start that way it's only that we are looking on the bright side making these comments. We are still undoubtedly in early winter and our big, historical storms usually take place closer to the heart of winter (obviously not always but in the majority). It only makes sense to be happy this pattern is in December and not Mid January or Early February.

Not every winter is going to be special, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment. However in retrospect it has already snowed more numerous times than early last winter, at least here at my location. We also have seen more snow than at this time last winter. We are doing absolutely fine and I think considering individual episodes of snowfall I am ahead according to climo.

I don't know how you are possibly negative about the holidays when Christmas is 20+ days away and we will more than surely have a pattern change right around and before the holidays that will overtake the area. 

The thing is we're not really losing the first half. We've got a couple threats next week with slightly below temps..It's coming at the worst time. The 10-14 days leading up to and thru the holidays. So we're looking at a very warm and snowless landscape for the actual holidays themselves. and TBH..that leaves a pit in my stomach

It's pretty to see snow at the holidays but seriously the majority of the world's Christians don't ever.

That does not include next week when we have a couple shots. After Dec 13 or so we are very likely shut off thru Dec 25, and possibly NYE.

It's possible NOV comes in snowier than Dec at most locations in SNE

Come on man, you are talking about 3 weeks away like it's 3 days away.

Archived