joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scooter just told you we're done thru Christmas. the chances of snow OTG for any of us..even Dendrite this year. are very very slim..and close to none

Overstated, IMO, for dendrite, as his area tends to keep snowpack as well (or nearly so) as mine.  I've got 9" at the stake with about 1.5" LE.  With the Dec sun not helping much, I'd need multiple days of 50" to get rid of that much, and I highly doubt that +20 torch gets this far north. 

In 16 Decembers here, only twice has Christmas come with brown ground, 1999 (Farmington's least snowy Dec in 121 years) and 2006 (their warmest Dec during those years).  Not much actual snowfall on that date, 1.5" in 2011, 0.2" in 2000, trace in 2002, but both avg and median depth are 6".  I think we'll be in that general range this year.

When is that Typhoon going to recurve?

After passing by Hong Kong?

Not at all. Hopefully everyone snows.. But the chances most of the posters here see snow are not very good. If this thing slows down anymore it rains to Montreal

Can I ask you a question: Why is it O.K. for you to be telling all of us the possibilities of how this Rains for most of us. But when Scooter and Will are doing the same thing about the pattern, you say that they are bittercasting and bringing the forum down etc etc...and not concentrating on the positives!! You are really a master of the SPIN. I don't think anybody here really thinks right now, that this is going to be a Major Snow event this far out? Lots can go wrong/change at this juncture.

Let's say theoretically that something similar to the 12z EURO verified for early next week. Anyone know of a spot accessible by T(Likely commuter rail, which is fine) that would be far enough inland/well positioned to be mostly snow? Have my schedule free on Tuesday and would love to get outside in some heavy snow if it can't come to my front door. Ideally somewhere where I could either have a nice walk around from the train station(Either trails or main street), and/or take a short cab/uber ride to those areas. Looking at the map of the CR, it's probably either the Worcester or Fitchburg lines, but totally open to suggestions/advice/etc(I know people have done this before, so if you have and could chime in with where you went, that would be awesome!)

Thanks in advance!

4F this morning and still dropping. Chilly.

Nice. Relative torch here, 18.3/13.

Between the end of next week and the hoped for cool down at the end of the month, it looks to be completely gross, coast to coast.  Draw the blinds after whatever cool weather comes in on the heels of next week's event.

Let's say theoretically that something similar to the 12z EURO verified for early next week. Anyone know of a spot accessible by T(Likely commuter rail, which is fine) that would be far enough inland/well positioned to be mostly snow? Have my schedule free on Tuesday and would love to get outside in some heavy snow if it can't come to my front door. Ideally somewhere where I could either have a nice walk around from the train station(Either trails or main street), and/or take a short cab/uber ride to those areas. Looking at the map of the CR, it's probably either the Worcester or Fitchburg lines, but totally open to suggestions/advice/etc(I know people have done this before, so if you have and could chime in with where you went, that would be awesome!)

Thanks in advance!

Syracuse could be a good spot for this one if you can get there

Don't know if anyone caught it on the news last night but i thought it was funny that one of the Blue Angel Jets had skidded off the runway at the now closed BNAS air station in Brunswick Maine while taxiing after landing on some ice.............lol

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/local/2014/12/04/blue-angels-slip-on-runway/19884651/

Don't know if anyone caught it on the news last night but i thought it was funny that one of the Blue Angel Jets had skidded off the runway at the now closed BNAS air station in Brunswick Maine while taxiing after landing on some ice.............lol

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/local/2014/12/04/blue-angels-slip-on-runway/19884651/

Is that the place the dude crashed trying to set the land speed record on a bike?

That's a meltdown worthy event on the GGEM if it verified to see ski area's bases getting obliterated just in time for the busy holiday period. Thankfully it's the GGEM, but yikes.

See this is the perfect place for posts like this.  Kudos to you to getting it.  This is Banter and does not belong in a Discussion Thread.   :weight_lift:

Is that the place the dude crashed trying to set the land speed record on a bike?

Hmm, Not sure dave, But that airstrip is still open as a private airfield as they fly commercial cargo out of there, Navy closed it down several years ago as they were home to one of there P3 Orion air patrols

We have seen the euro suck hard in the past where it went amplification crazy but as of late its performed better than the gfs in the day 5-7 period. It's been unbeatable in the short term for storms around here too. I think it's back to it deserved status as king until proven otherwise.

El nino winters are its bread and butter since we get so many southern stream driven events. its crowning moment IMO was sandy, it had it nailed over 5 days out! when other models were still waffling. Miller A storms it is always my number one model to use, the GFS seems always late to the party with those storms

Archived