amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

isn't it possible that people delete their own quotes as well I know I have done that

Yes it is.

People should really refrain from fighting someone else's battle until they actually know what they are talking about.

The assumption of malice directed toward the mods gets pretty tiresome.

The amount of leniency given in here is not small. It would be nice if everyone made our jobs easier during the storm threats as reciprocation.

isn't it possible that people delete their own quotes as well I know I have done that

Do members have that option?  I know at one time they did, than it was eliminated.  Is it back now, I can only see what we Mods see as options. Edit: I see Will answered this.

And to follow your response above, James has been overzealous with a lot of his responses as of late.  Nothing wrong with being excited about potential but over-analyzing every models on a system that is out in la-la land will get the smack down.

Feb 78 Jan 11 Jan 78 Feb 03 Dec 03

Fringed, meh, fringed, fringed, YES!!

(Was in Ft. Kent in 1978, too far north for those storms)

Dec. 2003 dumped 24" with strong winds.  Total impact not quite as great as Feb. 2009 (24.5") despite its being far windier, because the latter fell atop a 27" snowpack while the ground was bare going into 12/03. 

My idea of the perfect storm would also be 1888 redux, only the Hudson Valley version, not the near-freezing slop that was Maine's share.  Dec. 30-31, 1962, as experienced in the BGR-Old Town area, is my 2nd choice.  (30-40" with 60 mph, 20 ft drifts and temps diving below zero, racing to near freezing then diving again as the storm did a small loop in the GOM.  It's the only time the Bangor Daily News has failed to publish in its 180+ year history.)

Yes it is.

People should really refrain from fighting someone else's battle until they actually know what they are talking about.

The assumption of malice directed toward the mods gets pretty tiresome.

The amount of leniency given in here is not small. It would be nice if everyone made our jobs easier during the storm threats as reciprocation.

No one was fighting.  I just asked the question of "who" (not implying James or mod), and was just curious as all about that part of the discussion that James was talking about, but it seemed to be cut off after that comment.

I said nothing about the mods.  Someone else did.

Bermuda Triangle snags another
@TollandAlert: ACCIDENT ALERT: #I84 westbound between X68-X67 car vs truck. #TollandFire is responding.

2. ACCIDENT ALERT: Car vs TT unit carrying empty cylinders. No inj. no HAZMAT. One lane closed prior to Mountain Spring

B4rGKl3IMAA3lm3.jpg
    B4rGKn-IEAARG7e.jpg
    B4rGKrbIcAANRQY.jpg
    B4rGKqfIIAA7_J7.jpg

Expand0 replies2 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet2
     Favorite
    More

Archived