joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DId you not read what I said after I said the GFS was clueless, I said the exact same thing as Tip just pointed out.  The GFS is clueless based upon its inert ability to have the flow quite progressive while the rest of the model world develops a strong +PNA from N to S where an amplified solution is most warranted.  Read my posts first before jumbling them up with others who don't support what they are saying with the behavior patterns of the model guidance.  There have been numerous examples of major blizzards where the GFS has been very progressive in the medium range (4-7 days out).  This is what gets people in trouble, read the entire posts and not just what you want to argue about.

DId you not read what I said after I said the GFS was clueless, I said the exact same thing as Tip just pointed out.  The GFS is clueless based upon its inert ability to have the flow quite progressive while the rest of the model world develops a strong +PNA from N to S where an amplified solution is most warranted.  Read my posts first before jumbling them up with others who don't support what they are saying with the behavior patterns of the model guidance.  There have been numerous examples of major blizzards where the GFS has been very progressive in the medium range (4-7 days out).  This is what gets people in trouble, read the entire posts and not just what you want to argue about.

uh oh somebody's jimmies got rustled over here......lol

Geez Tip, I appreciate more respect that saying whoever that James Nick is?  I have more knowledge than most amateur weather enthusiasts and I much appreciate you ask me who I am before disregarding me like trash.  Just because you have a badge does not mean what I have to say is garbage as well, watch what you say before you say it.

I figured the banter thread would be the best place to ask this question. Does anyone use Tapatalk for this forum? It seems they've changed the format and now I'm having trouble viewing this forum in terms of pinned topics etc. Anyone else have issues with this app. I am on the mobile version of this forum now.

Well "DT" and who ever that James Nick' is...

It's just a precautionary not to 86 any solution at this type of time range, and then adding some reasons why. 

I am also gaining interest in the timing of a relatively potent MJO wave scheduled to arrive in the 6-7-8 wave spaces; particularly when a major typhoon in the west Pacific is modeled to pull up and out and join the westerlies right out there in that time, WHEN ... duh duh dunnn, the PNA is rising like a desperate inmate at a nudie convention...  

Could be something really special for mid month that may not be anywhere near a modeled complexion right at the moment.  Let's watch for emergent changes...

So James and DT (who doesn't post in our forum). That equals "seeing a lot of blanket statements.."?

Well Scott, its easy to move on if you aren't the one being ridiculed for something you love doing (talking about the weather.)

it was a mistake and can guarantee he didn't mean anything personal by it, he's habitually a well liked guy around here and was most likely just poking fun within that statement bud ;)

I figured the banter thread would be the best place to ask this question. Does anyone use Tapatalk for this forum? It seems they've changed the format and now I'm having trouble viewing this forum in terms of pinned topics etc. Anyone else have issues with this app. I am on the mobile version of this forum now.

I do sometimes. It's good for notifications but I can't seem to edit any of my posts anymore.

no but you don't like it when someone says something disrespectful to you do you?

no but me being on many forums you learn to take it easy and not to take everything personally. remember being online you don't get to hear the tone or attitude of those typing if you know what I mean. yanksfan in the NYC section has a target on his back but me and him talk everyday and is actually a really nice and funny guy with a great sense of humor, have to be careful with how you perceive responses is what im saying my friend

And so it begins..the comments you hate to see.

"At least its happening in December and not January. "

If we lose the entire month of December..that leaves only 1.5-2 months of true winter before March. And that's assuming it actually is cold and snowy the whole time

If you lose all of December..you kiss any chance of a special winter goodbye.

But man is it depressing this morning. This kind of pattern really puts any holiday feelings on ice.. I admit..it's pretty demoralizing

Archived