CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Thanksgiving Eve storm obs and nowcasting

Ian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like just to my NW was a different world. Berkeley Springs can't be 20 air miles from me and WVClimo posted they had a foot. Hard to imagine...and at a lower elevation.

Yeah. I just talked to an old neighbor who now lives in Paw Paw. She says she has 16 inches of snow on her deck. Crazy what a difference 3 degrees can make.

I finished at 4.2. Now it's time for the compaction and then concrete in the morning.

Yeah. I just talked to an old neighbor who now lives in Paw Paw. She says she has 16 inches of snow on her deck. Crazy what a difference 3 degrees can make.

I finished at 4.2. Now it's time for the compaction and then concrete in the morning.

ers-wxman nailed it when he said this storm would resemble March 2013... I recall some amazing totals out by I-81 while those of us near the big cities got either a few inches of slop or a coating.

But this isn't March, and we aren't desperate to salvage ourselves from two awful winters. I don't think it's a stretch to say that some of us might have seen the earliest sizable snowfall that we can remember... especially the young crowd, and those who were screwed in October 2011.

Ended the storm with a solid 6 inches on the mark.   Snow was too wet and heavy for my snowblower, so I had to do our 750foot drive by hand.  Sore and tired.... gonna sit on the porch and have a few cold ones.  

and I thought my 75 foot driveway was long to shovel....sheesh....nice event for you btw.

Updated totals from LWX: http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=nws&product=pns&issuedby=lwx

BWI finished with 0.3"

Going to call it 0.5" for me.  

I had .8" on the patio, table, and railing

I took a ride to Elkridge, Ellicott City, and Catonsville, and very suprisingly only Catonsville had ever so little more than me

Archived