• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Eve storm obs and nowcasting

Ian

Starting up again. Nice rates earlier as I drove from Van Ness back up to Tenleytown. From eyeballing, it seemed like there was a bit more on the ground around Reno Park than there was around Van Ness, which is about 150' elevation difference, but that could be due to a lot of things, and it could just be my imagination.

Anyway, sloppy as it is, nice to see snow again.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bigger flakes...looks nice...I'm just staring at the evergreens out back...wonderful green for a backdrop

I've got a small lot but it's sirrounded by Leylands, and you're right. They make for a beautiful backdrop. I've got a couple of shedding birches and red berry plants that help too. Like someone else said, I hope that it's still snowing around sunset.

I've got a small lot but it's sirrounded by Leylands, and you're right. They make for a beautiful backdrop. I've got a couple of shedding birches and red berry plants that help too. Like someone else said, I hope that it's still snowing around sunset.

how much have you gotten?

We got into that really heavy band that may have taken me over an inch briefly, but I don't think that's an accurate way to report totals.

gotcha, thanks. yeah, ive been stuck at 1.5" since noon. nothing is adding to it, just keeping it steady as it slowly melts away.

decent snow now, but not very large in size. pretty to watch.

Archived