12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 25 snow event obs

Ian

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you just missed out on the heavy snow there dude, Its snowing 2 inches per hour in central Delaware, roads covered, and there is zero elevation to speak of.

Yep.

The best rates arrived later in the AM (compared to areas west) to amount to anything accumulation-wise and apparently we missed out on the best bands after 6 pm.  Still, not gonna complain, given how well we did on the 17th and considering how awesome this winter has been..

Yep.

The best rates arrived later in the AM (compared to areas west) to amount to anything accumulation-wise and apparently we missed out on the best bands after 6 pm.  Still, not gonna complain, given how well we did on the 17th and considering how awesome this winter has been..

Yeah hard to complain. I am literally a few miles NW of that heavy snow area. I might end up with a bit over an inch here, but man is it impressive less than 10 mins from here.

your elevation did it

I have 1/2", if that, and you're probably 6 miles as the crow flies but probably 250' higher

congrats

It really has proven true for me this winter. Just being a little west of 95 really works that elevation factor as you said. Kind of wish we had 1 more in the pipeline to keep testing that factor. And yeah--wife would kill me for even saying that. ;-)

An elevated hard surface, not ground or grass, would be best.

It's actually pretty simple...use the highest total you can find that isn't on grass....and that isn't some sort of artificial drift of course..

Thanks.  I ended up with about 1.9".

Really could not stay on top of this one, have not measured since 1pm but as of 11pm have 2.75" on snowboard and 2-2.25" on shaded grassy, 1.5 on in sun grassy, 0.5-1" on shaded impervious and 0 on sunny impervious. Would estimate that my true accumulation was in range of 3.5" and possibly 4.

Archived