• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

Was a great day to begin spring cleanup,grounds still too wet but got started. Next weeks first real shot at 70 after all the failed attempts is ironically followed up wth a chance of frozen

So I guess you're forecasting frozen precip next week. Noted.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We called for 65-70 at the warm locales..and that's exactly what occurred. If the sun had come out an hour early we would have seen 70..Even with clouds BDL hit 67

You said I was ignoring mets when I said I had no problem saying your House would not hit 70,61 is not even close I was 62 BFD. What was your winter station ORH, back to summer station BDL

You said I was ignoring mets when I said I had no problem saying your House would not hit 70,61 is not even close I was 62 BFD. What was your winter station ORH, back to summer station BDL

We all told you 70 could be touched in the warm zones if we had enough sun. We never told you Tolland would hit 70. Your area was in the mid 60's..just like IJD.

Not sure why you are doing this.. but enjoy the warmth the next 7 is about all we can tell you

We all told you 70 could be touched in the warm zones if we had enough sun. We never told you Tolland would hit 70. Your area was in the mid 60's..just like IJD.

Not sure why you are doing this.. but enjoy the warmth the next 7 is about all we can tell you

well out of respect for Brian we wont bump your posts ,all we can say is we dont expect anything else from you except hype and exaggeration.We hope your call for severe next week with temps in the 80s works out.We certainly know BDL will be your benchmark. We are also certain your post on April 3rd told Scooter that his call for this warm Tuesday would only be 40s.We also note you flip flop every 6 hours.

GFS 18 Z has even me with heavy sleet with 925 at -3

Too bad we couldn't get this much moisture a month ago. Would have made many here wet.

I thought today was nice. Who cares whether it's 63 or 70 at this point in the season. It's not going to spoil anyone's picnic, nor will it spoil anyone's beach day.

Now 73 vs. 80 in the heat of summer would certainly make or break a day on the sand.

Too bad we couldn't get this much moisture a month ago. Would have made many here wet.

I thought today was nice. Who cares whether it's 63 or 70 at this point in the season. It's not going to spoil anyone's picnic, nor will it spoil anyone's beach day.

Now 73 vs. 80 in the heat of summer would certainly make or break a day on the sand.

was decent, made a post about it,just bustin Kev

The differences between the Euro and GFS are fantastic.  The Euro would have D7 in the low 80s for interior zones, where/when the GFS would have light rain at 40 with parachutes possible in S NH/VT

Very interesting indeed.  Right now though I would have zero confidence in any forecasts post D5.  

The euro has that massive digging trough which given the time of year makes you really wonder if that would verify at all.  Many times as we move through spring models will develop these and they never verify to the degree as modeled...I think we see a trough push east but nothing to that degree.  

The GFS looks to develop some sort of cut-off low across the southeast and quite frankly I don't really buy that...it appears it's associated with convective feedback of some sorts as the GFS develops quite a bit of convective precip across the Gulf coast states...you can see with a vast increase in QPF a low develops and then the GFS goes off with it...I think that is very unlikey to occur.  

Either way though I think we'll see at least a day or two of extremely mild temps before a front and trough slide through...if anything I would take the Euro but keeping in mind the trough probably won't be to the degree the Euro suggests.

On this spring day many of you may recall what it was doing 18 yrs ago today. The second of two impressive April snowstorms in 3 days. I was in Ashland MA at the time and we did very well. 4/9/96  Blizzard conditions with thunder snow and lightning at 8pm. Ended up with about 13". 4/7/96: 7.5" . Pretty awesome 3 days. Not cold but a comfortable refreshing night out there now....42/34  For now, interesting variables for next week.

On this spring day many of you may recall what it was doing 18 yrs ago today. The second of two impressive April snowstorms in 3 days. I was in Ashland MA at the time and we did very well. 4/9/96  Blizzard conditions with thunder snow and lightning at 8pm. Ended up with about 13". 4/7/96: 7.5" . Pretty awesome 3 days. Not cold but a comfortable refreshing night out there now....42/34  For now, interesting variables for next week.

Might be an appropriate first post for me. I read this forum b/c my just turned 18 year old contributes here. Brought him home from the hospital on 4/7/96 and took him to his first pediatrician appointment all bundled up with snow falling onto his face probably next day or two. My memory  of his first week home through the lens of sleep deprivation is holding him and watching snow fall outside. Live a little north but east of ashland and we never got that kind of accumulation just a few inches but it snowed near non-stop for a few days.

42/32  P. Cloudy.

Hit 58F here today, probably a little warmer in town but clouds ruled the day here.

Still some patches and piles in the yard, however, spring clean-up time is on the horizon.

No peepers yet.  The chorus should begin next week.

I heard our first peepers of the season last night.

Archived