joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

70s one day, U30s the next in the same areas next week?

Still wouldn't top the incredible turn around that took place between mar 31 and apt 1, 1998. 91f up at UML in the Merrimack valley and an absolute monster BD plunged the region to the upper 30 in just 18 to 24 hrs

Still wouldn't top the incredible turn around that took place between mar 31 and apt 1, 1998. 91f up at UML in the Merrimack valley and an absolute monster BD plunged the region to the upper 30 in just 18 to 24 hrs

were you caught outside with just your hammock on? exposed to the world, shrinkage?

were you caught outside with just your hammock on? exposed to the world, shrinkage?

Not me but not far off of many others. It was the third day of insanity heat so many must have bought in ... So the cold slams in and the next day, I don't know what these twit young ladies were thinking like maybe many thought it was just a morning chill and it would warm up to 90 again? But many of them ambled between halls in shorty shorts with purply patchwork cold air edema thighs... Arms crossed

Hey Tip,

I remember in the past reading your account of the day before the April Fools storm of '97 and always enjoying reading that. I think I remember you mentioning the good looking ... uh nevermind ... people of the female persuasion dressed down and everyone not having any clue what was coming next.

Hey Tip,

I remember in the past reading your account of the day before the April Fools storm of '97 and always enjoying reading that. I think I remember you mentioning the good looking ... uh nevermind ... people of the female persuasion dressed down and everyone not having any clue what was coming next.

Yeah that was a good one

Not quite as huge a temp drop, but April 8-9, 2000 in/near the upper Hudson Valley might be even more incredible - 76 in ALB late afternoon Saturday, 13" surprise snow on Sunday.

And I'll lock in my 6" for next week. Son is visiting from Japan next week, lives near Nagoya - climate similar to Charleston, SC. Would NOT be thrilled.

Not quite as huge a temp drop, but April 8-9, 2000 in/near the upper Hudson Valley might be even more incredible - 76 in ALB late afternoon Saturday, 13" surprise snow on Sunday.

And I'll lock in my 6" for next week. Son is visiting from Japan next week, lives near Nagoya - climate similar to Charleston, SC. Would NOT be thrilled.

I was a freshman at Cornell for that out in Ithaca, NY.

We actually had temps in the lower 60s early morning on the 8th and then by dark we were blizzard conditions after starting as a cold rain during the afternoon...the temp plummet into the lower 30s as the rain approached but then we didn't flip for about 6 hours or so...then we had a brief period of ZR/IP and then snow...definite flash freeze.

We snowed most of the night and ended up with about 6-7 inches of wind blown powder.

Guidance still looks interesting for a rain to snow possibility next week... surprised no one mentioned the 12z ECM... puts down 6"+ from ALB to CAR as a low develops along the boundary.

12z ECM would change almost everyone over to snow at least briefly, and would be a condo crusher for VT/NH/ME as well as the Berks and Eastern NY.  12z GGEM is not too dissimilar. 

That was awesome... I remember playing soccer on Saturday afternoon in High school, and then driving home listening to the radio the good ol' emergency broadcast cut-in and started listing off the Winter Storm Warning details.  Driving in shorts with the windows down, and listening to a Winter Storm Warning bulletin for a snowstorm that's supposed to start in like 12 hours... yeah I remember having my doubts on that one.  But lo and behold, woke up Sunday morning to 1-2"/hr snowfall and ended up with a solid foot on the ground like 18 hours after I got out of soccer practice the previous afternoon.

That was a crazy event.

Man Euro gets accumulating snow right to the coast next week

You would change over and pound wet snow for a couple hours verbatim on the 12z solution.  All after being 70F the day before.  I wish I could post some maps but the SFC temps look to cool to 32F or below west of the BOS-PVD corridor with enough QPF to suggest accumulations.

We know its going to get cold middle of next week, we might as well get some snow out of it. 

You would change over and pound wet snow for a couple hours verbatim on the 12z solution.  All after being 70F the day before.  I wish I could post some maps but the SFC temps look to cool to 32F or below west of the BOS-PVD corridor with enough QPF to suggest accumulations.

We know its going to get cold middle of next week, we might as well get some snow out of it.

Peeps can see them on WU. Nice to see the euro back to a stronger wave.

Yeah we certainly do not toss that solution..shorts, tanning and 75-80 Monday and a heavy Birch breaking snow by late Tuesday night. I wonder pif it's got any end support?

Archived