joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To each his own. We can get some decent events up here in the interior during the 2nd half of Nov. SWFEs start kicking up around then too. We had a good one in 2011 a little under a month after Halloweenie.

Yeah that was a fun warning event, but Nov for me is filled with anticipation and ski season is starting with snowmaking...and even 1-2" snow shower events can stick around for a week in the shade even if day temps get up to 40F. Stick season in Novie is more preferable than April stick season.

But the few warm April days where it's sunny and 60F also leads to anticipation for the nice weather enroute in later May and June.

I look at this way, Nov averages 1.9 April. 5 snow but April is a time for baseball and 4 degrees warmer , greening lawns,longer days,stronger sun, flowers.November is no sun,no leaves,no warmth,November

There's just something about April that i hate. Some years it's great and it's summer already..but most times the wx generally sucks..it's not warm enough..it can be cloudy, gloomy and wet, and cold... Sure everything comes alive from winter dormancy, but I just get so happy when that month is behind us. May typically is when unofficial summer starts..esp by months end

There's just something about April that i hate. Some years it's great and it's summer already..but most times the wx generally sucks..it's not warm enough..it can be cloudy, gloomy and wet, and cold... Sure everything comes alive from winter dormancy, but I just get so happy when that month is behind us. May typically is when unofficial summer starts..esp by months end

Totally agree.  I have never been a fan of April, and many times early May.  Maybe it's the fact that winter is over and the heat and humidity are just around the corner and I have a hard time accepting that fact, or maybe it's just because the weather usually sucks in April.

November is a great month as it is leading into Winter, and crisp temps are taking over.  Of course cold snaps with no precip in November suck as well.

lets not forget all of NE was below normal except for HARVS hometown. He dropped the telestrator on that one. Love Harv but seriously....

Well in fairness to Harv, the below normal areas really weren't that far from normal...mostly in the -0.5 to -1.0F range or so. ORH was -0.7F for the coldest in the BOX group. Much of NNE was in that range too with a couple outliers like the normally colder MPV at -2.0.  

But yes, BOS was definitely the warm outlier being at 0.0.

Baltimore , 26th St btwn Charles and St Paul collapsed onto rail tracks

Bmfx5HPCMAACjPf.png

That's insane!  Part of my time at Hopkins I lived in a frat house on St.Paul, around the 29th St. area.  During the 1966 blizzard, Charles and St. Paul were the only N-S streets open that Sunday.

The only good thing about November is the Patriots are playing and tearing it up

Deer season!

Archived