Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slow going up in the hills this year and even here not much popping besides crocus, with some magnolias and forsythia showing but down the valley in Northampton and Springfield things are really flowering and greening up. (Forsythia look pathetic this year all over town, not sure what the problem is.)

I think the past few springs had early blooms which have fooled us into thinking this year is late.

This year is definitely late regardless...its pretty rare to have almost zero greening in ORH hills around 5/1 (save maybe some really tiny buds)...but there's no doubt that some of the recent springs like 2010 and 2012 were obscenely early fooling a lot of people into mid-April leaf-outs as more normal than it really is.  

As much as today sucks, the 60s over the weekend is just fine. Nobody wants to jump right into summer...the transition times are nice. It's just like in late Sept and October when those first cool days and nights feel pleasant...nobody want to jump into windchills below 0 on Columbus Day weekend.

As much as today sucks, the 60s over the weekend is just fine. Nobody wants to jump right into summer...the transition times are nice. It's just like in late Sept and October when those first cool days and nights feel pleasant...nobody want to jump into windchills below 0 on Columbus Day weekend.

not everyone thinks 90 is terrible

Perhaps someone in his area could make the effort to go over and assist him in getting it online?

I don't have a lot of issues with Kevin's readings...I just wish he had it online. He uses every social network out there and has a million dollar yard, but can't get his station online.

Did you mean everybody?

Pretty impressive stuff..Going right against Powderfreak's ideas last fall interestingly enough

Joe Bastardi@BigJoeBastardi 10m

The end of month cold means April finishes below normal in CONUS, the 14th of the past 15 months plain east! pic.twitter.com/8LaWHE4wls

BmdwHWhCEAAiMyc.jpg

What were my thoughts last fall? I honestly don't remember. You mean the discussions about the persistent AN regime we seemed to be in? I'll certainly admit I'm surprised at the tenacity of the below normal months...I think there's something to be said for persistence forecasting, although there are certainly big faults with it too. But when in doubt, lean with persistence. Hopefully we are looking at a cool, enjoyable summer if this stretch continues.

Pretty much, the dewpoints are the killer.

I used to play golf in Austin, Texas every summer for about a month back in college...it would be 98F but dewpoints in the 50s made it tolerable. Even some of those west wind 103F scorchers were not as bad as you'd think because they were almost always quite dry..the Austin version of downslope dandys.Those times where the flow started coming more from the gulf and we got those 96/70 days is when it was horrible.

I used to play golf in Austin, Texas every summer for about a month back in college...it would be 98F but dewpoints in the 50s made it tolerable. Even some of those west wind 103F scorchers were not as bad as you'd think because they were almost always quite dry..the Austin version of downslope dandys.Those times where the flow started coming more from the gulf and we got those 96/70 days is when it was horrible.

The summers where I worked outdoors changed my whole attitude about the heat and humidity and it seems like my feelings about it only grow stronger. I know some people enjoy it, but just not for me. 

BOS now 44....too bad. If we're going to suffer like this lets get a bn to show for it.

Lull in the rain was the killer. BOS will probably finish right on 0.0 or +0.1F for the month...ending the streak at 5. 

The other 3 climo sites at BOX will live to see another month...May should be interesting. Going to start off below normal, but there are some hints it tries to change after mid-month. But we've seen that before to no avail.

Keep it dry...90/58 aint so bad.

90/70 is disgusting.

July 2012 was probably my most favorite summer month in a long time...dry heat, and days and days of sunshine.

It averaged +1.1 up here, but featured like 10 mornings with lows in the 40s. The afternoons were 80s and 90s, with nights of 50s and 40s. I like the 91/49 type days or 88/48. Precip was way below normal at 1.3", and spread out pretty evenly throughout the month leading to ample sunny days in between.

Archived