Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah some maybe more than others, but it's a lot of work, especially in-ground ones.

that's for sure but a labor of love and all a part of the never ending work for homeowners. Just sheetrocked today the Rec room back wall and ceiling which got water damaged from a leaky pipe.We basically rebuilt the entire lower level,converted the attached 2 car garage to a rec bar room and made a huge bedroom in the finished section. My honey do list is getting shorter. Next up pool deck and new raised vegetable garden. Then a shed. Hopefully by fall the list will be completed.

Thursday looks rather lousy in terms of sensible wx. Yeah maybe it gets warmer, but has the look of a damp day. Yay.

Just a personal druther/preference but if given a choice I would definitely opt for mild/warm and moist of pointlessly cold.  

Look thing over ... though the teles are less useful and the extended operational version even more so at this time of year, I get the "feeling" that we need to get by the first week of May, then I we'll see a more profound/persistent deep layer commitment to spring/ early summer ...  

Why in the world would anyone uncover a pool now, that's pretty weird.

Pool companies offer discounts to those who hire them to open now. Price goes up as more people want them opened.

Back when I had a pool, I would open it the weekend before memorial day, so it would be ready for memorial day weekend.

Just a personal druther/preference but if given a choice I would definitely opt for mild/warm and moist of pointlessly cold.

Look thing over ... though the teles are less useful and the extended operational version even more so at this time of year, I get the "feeling" that we need to get by the first week of May, then I we'll see a more profound/persistent deep layer commitment to spring/ early summer ...

As would I for sure, but I feel like it may be one of those days that take forever to dry out under a warmer, but more humid day.

Yeah the benchmark for swimmers in the NE is memorial day. You want to be able to swim by then. I have an above ground, not that much work. My buddy has an in ground with slide, diving board, the whole nine yards. That's a lot of work.

The season here is kind of short. However, if you don't need the water to be 70s and 80s. It gets use from mid may to mid to late September.

If this type of weather continues folks should just keep em closed lol

This is similar to one of those winter systems where the backside is warmer...so the whole thing sort of acts like a warm fropa -- although we may actually quasi warm sector on Thursday... Either way, when it clears afterward, we end up with +2C in the first week of May, with light west wind and blue bird blues overhead...

Yeah the benchmark for swimmers in the NE is memorial day. You want to be able to swim by then. I have an above ground, not that much work. My buddy has an in ground with slide, diving board, the whole nine yards. That's a lot of work.

The season here is kind of short. However, if you don't need the water to be 70s and 80s. It gets use from mid may to mid to late December.

If this type of weather continues folks should just keep em closed lol

kind of short?  It's atrociously short...as little as 8 weeks some years...that's 40-44 weeks of closed pool....not worth it.

No sleet, but little league game was a train wreck. Cold, wind-driven rain was just lovely. I can't feel my foot past my cast, about to check my toes for frostbite.

As my boy gets older I'll be pushing for basketball or wrestling or karate - something where I can be indoors and warm.  lol.

Skiing is obviously the exception.

kind of short? It's atrociously short...as little as 8 weeks some years...that's 40-44 weeks of closed pool....not worth it.

8 weeks is a stretch. That's just July and august lol.

We've had our above ground for like 15 years now. If you put it up yourself, it isn't very expensive at all. It's worth it IMO, unless you readily have access to someone else's pool or are content with just AC

NWS Boston

[8:10 pm] Temps @ 3 kft aloft a degree or two below freezing. Higher terrain W may see wet snowflakes / sleet overnight. No accum.

We had aircraft report icing at 2500' today over Boston. Makes sense why Worcester had some sort of wet snow or partially melted snow kind of deal this morning.

They isn't really a warm layer to cause sleet. Profile is enough for some frozen crappy flakes with icy cores. Get them through a layer gradually warming as it nears ground, and it probably feels like sleet.

Call me a liar again. That's fine. I've seen some pools opened , and it was sleeting and there were 50 other people that saw it

Call me a liar again. That's fine. I've seen some pools opened , and it was sleeting and there were 50 other people that saw it

I didn't call you a liar first of all, sometimes that stuff can seem like sleet.

Second, I just saw radar and didn't even realize there was stratified precipitation. You did see sleet. I thought you were referring to the stuff zipping in from the NE. Indeed that stuff probably refroze before it hit ground.

Archived