Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My parents have a pool heater, but it's still useless during a Spring like this. It's nice in September though.

Yeah, I would think that it's easier to heat the pool after a warm period in August with 70 degree water temps than after a cold April of 50 degree or so water temps.

When I was a kid, I would always swim Memorial Day weekend up at our lake house in the Adirondacks, no matter how cold it was.  Some Mem. weekends there would still be ice under the house. 

You won't see me doing that anymore.  Those days are ovah.

Pretty good Santa Ana in CA right now.

KONT 301615Z 04033G58KT 3SM BLDU FU FEW000 BKN031 BKN250
    25/M13 A3002 RMK AO2 PK WND 05058/1609 VIS N 2 FU FEW000 FU
    BKN031 T02501133= (SPECI)

They gusted to 60 earlier. Some nice blowing dust and a nearby fire. 

I know the abbreviations come the French words mostly, but we really should petition the WMO to change the code for drizzle to FU.

Yea OK is the bomb when it comes to Tstorms, couple of our members from NE are at graduate school out there, they are always sending reports,but I wouldn"t trade forests for Tstorms thats for sure.

Hmm, I wouldn't  mind if I could work out some kind of deal to work at OUN or DDC for April and May and return here for the rest of the year.

41.8 currently on our little hill in Gray.

Hmm, I wouldn't  mind if I could work out some kind of deal to work at OUN or DDC for April and May and return here for the rest of the year.

41.8 currently on our little hill in Gray.

Indeed that's the best time to be out there.  In addition to storm potential you get warm evenings with the pleasant smell of distant grass fires wafting through and the wildflower bloom on the prarie is stunning. 

Yeah, I would think that it's easier to heat the pool after a warm period in August with 70 degree water temps than after a cold April of 50 degree or so water temps.

When I was a kid, I would always swim Memorial Day weekend up at our lake house in the Adirondacks, no matter how cold it was. Some Mem. weekends there would still be ice under the house.

You won't see me doing that anymore. Those days are ovah.

Well they can warm it no problem this time of year, but who wants to be out swimming in the weather we've had the past month?

Cannot believe that the new guy pm'd Deranged in Tolland for a welcome here. Kevin brings everything he gets on himself, and lives every minute of it. He must be new, as anybody who has spent 2 days here sees that....

Welcome to our dysfunctional family!

When we met at the GTG..I don't remember you being like this. You weren't annoyed so easily and were very nice and cordial. Who is the real you?

When we met at the GTG..I don't remember you being like this. You weren't annoyed so easily and were very nice and cordial. Who is the real you?

You are assuming he was legitimately annoyed...I think you are trying to hype up his emotions more than they really are.

I am nice, and I am cordial, both here and in person. Both you and wiz have the biggest personalities here, and you let us into your life more than other posters. Whether its photos of your snowbanks of your chipmunk death camps, we've come to know you pretty well. You throw crap at people, and they rightfully throw it back. Maybe you don't know me well enough yet to know the kidding nature of my posts, and for that, I apologize.

I have posted before (dont remember if it was here or eastern) how sometimes your posting style grated on me, and a discussion ensued.

Prior to meeting you, some members here told me that you were much different in person from your online persona. In person you were fun to be around, the life of the party etc. ...let's just say that online, you are very different.

But either way, its not my intention to start a war. I lurk for a reason. Again, if my posts are misunderstood, I'm sorry.

I am nice, and I am cordial, both here and in person. Both you and wiz have the biggest personalities here, and you let us into your life more than other posters. Whether its photos of your snowbanks of your chipmunk death camps, we've come to know you pretty well. You throw crap at people, and they rightfully throw it back. Maybe you don't know me well enough yet to know the kidding nature of my posts, and for that, I apologize.

I have posted before (dont remember if it was here or eastern) how sometimes your posting style grated on me, and a discussion ensued.

Prior to meeting you, some members here told me that you were much different in person from your online persona. In person you were fun to be around, the life of the party etc. ...let's just say that online, you are very different.

But either way, its not my intention to start a war. I lurk for a reason. Again, if my posts are misunderstood, I'm sorry.

He was just hyping up your intent.

Drama queen being drama queen.

It's all in good fun..I try to be the same person both here and behind the keyboard. I think those that know me ..know that. I like to stir the pot, I like the weather, and most of us here are exactly the same..some just more gregarious than others..I need things to be as exciting and big and hyped as possible. That's just me and what makes my kitten purr. I loathe downers, and those that dwell on negativity. But that's what makes the world go round. Different strokes for different folks.

At any rate..you were great to hang around and we all had a blast..and if I tiptoed on your toes here, that certainly wasn't my intention. We need to enjoy the wx, because it's all we've got.

Archived