CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has an AGW fetish. Anybody with a PHD he'll bow down too it seems...even if they are an ecologist or environmental scientist who don't have a clue how the atmosphere works.

Maybe he's pointing out that as ****ty as it's been it's near normal everywhere? You guys can't carry Harv's telestrator...lol.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

810 PM EDT WED APR 30 2014

CTC001-009-NYC059-103-119-010400-

/O.NEW.KOKX.FA.Y.0013.140501T0010Z-140501T0400Z/

/00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/

810 PM EDT WED APR 30 2014

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON NY HAS ISSUED AN

* URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR...

WESTCHESTER COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST NEW YORK...

NEW HAVEN COUNTY IN SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT...

EASTERN NASSAU COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST NEW YORK...

FAIRFIELD COUNTY IN SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT...

SUFFOLK COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST NEW YORK...

* UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT...

* AT 805 PM EDT AREAS OF MODERATE RAIN WAS FALLING ACROSS THE

ADVISORY AREA. BETWEEN 1 1/2 AND 2 1/2 INCHES OF RAIN HAS FALLEN

ACROSS THE AREA WITH ADDITIONAL MODERATE TO LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN

APPROACHING FROM THE SOUTHWEST. RAINFALL RATES BETWEEN ONE HALF TO

ONE INCH WITH ISOLATED RATES UP TO 1 1/2 INCHES PER HOUR ARE

EXPECTED THROUGH THE EVENING. THIS WILL LIKELY CAUSE MINOR NUISANCE

FLOODING OF LOW LYING AND POOR DRAINAGE

Not close. We get good snows in Nov. it gets dark early and it can be winter cold getting you excited for what's coming and you don't get back doored. All wins

I look at this way, Nov averages 1.9 April. 5 snow but April is a time for baseball and 4 degrees warmer , greening lawns,longer days,stronger sun, flowers.November is no sun,no leaves,no warmth,November

36F rain miserable night.  I'm about the coldest place in the north east including Quebec.  A couple of 35F in the southern White Mountains.  32F  at the summit of Mount Washington.  Of course this pales in comparsion to my 32F 3" Memorial Day snowfall last year.

Impressive 37F/33F at Newbury today at the meso site up above 1500ft. It's tough to pull off a 30HDD this time of year.

I'll take Novie over April. In November I'm ready for darkness, cold, and snow so the short daylight and step down I enjoy. In April I'm ready for warmth and unless we get a 2010 or 2012, I'm usually left disappointed. And like Kevin said, any snow we get in April just gets pissed away within a day or two.

I'll take Novie over April. In November I'm ready for darkness, cold, and snow so the short daylight and step down I enjoy. In April I'm ready for warmth and unless we get a 2010 or 2012, I'm usually left disappointed. And like Kevin said, any snow we get in April just gets pissed away within a day or two.

weather wise November generally sucks more no matter your anticipation of winter snow, I like Oct more than May only because winter is coming. November sucks

To each his own. We can get some decent events up here in the interior during the 2nd half of Nov. SWFEs start kicking up around then too. We had a good one in 2011 a little under a month after Halloweenie.

Yea if I were you I would have a different opinion, same goes for April being better down here

To each his own. We can get some decent events up here in the interior during the 2nd half of Nov. SWFEs start kicking up around then too. We had a good one in 2011 a little under a month after Halloweenie.

Yea if I were you I would have a different opinion, same goes for April being better down here

Yeah, April can truly be crap up here. I mean even more so east of you Brian. Plenty of days when we're stuck in the 40s with drizzle and you climb into 70s with sun.

Maybe he's pointing out that as ****ty as it's been it's near normal everywhere? You guys can't carry Harv's telestrator...lol.

No I would point out how most of the region has changed in the last two weeks. Just like it would be unfair if BOS were -0.5 in the summer because of a feeble seabreeze yet every other station were +0.7.

November is awful for snow...even where dendrite is and northward into NNE it isn't that good. 2011 not withstanding, its hard to get solid 6"+ events in that month outside of the mountains.

You do get a lot of nickle and dime junk in November and the very short days make it "feel" more like winter than late March or April...but the latter definitely has much higher potential for large snow events.

Not making any comments on which month people should "prefer", but the snowfall potential is significantly greater in early spring. Now if you are comparing post-April 15th then the snow potential really drops off.

edit: I should add that "awful" is my own opinion...since I prefer larger events to little nickle and dimes. But I will admit that nickle and dimes are more "fun" in November than late winter because the season is just getting underway...there's something special about those first small snow events...and there do tend to be a lot of those smaller snowfalls in November...esp in the interior.

Way back, when I was a pure weenie, I lived in dread of April because psychologically, any weather that mattered was over for at least 6 months. I've since learned to cherish the warmth especially after months of brutal cold. I seem to enjoy the summers more and more as I get older.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Archived