CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the deal with people thinking they could swim outdoors in New England prior to June? Even as a kid in nj it was Memorial Day (which was then fixed at 5/31).

Kevin was telling us yesterday that pools were opening all over Tolland in the past week.

Pretty good Santa Ana in CA right now.

KONT 301615Z 04033G58KT 3SM BLDU FU FEW000 BKN031 BKN250
    25/M13 A3002 RMK AO2 PK WND 05058/1609 VIS N 2 FU FEW000 FU
    BKN031 T02501133= (SPECI)

They gusted to 60 earlier. Some nice blowing dust and a nearby fire. 

I said I saw 3. Somehow that turned into me lying about every pool opening. Got a nice PM from a new member who lurks because he's afraid of mistreatment from you guys . He had opened his pool on Patriots Day

We joke with you because you bring it on....nobody would get mistreatment.

I said I saw 3. Somehow that turned into me lying about every pool opening. Got a nice PM from a new member who lurks because he's afraid of mistreatment from you guys . He had opened his pool on Patriots Day

Nobody should be afraid of mistreatment unless they make the mistake of following your posting style.

Don't pretend you hate the diva-act attention. :lol:

Most of the time they are fine, or with his high dewpoint for example...reasonable accurate given the wet mulch bed..but there are definitely times where it's a head scratcher. I'll leave it at that.

His dews are like my cold-pocket minima - accurate for the microsite but of small relevance at the landscape scale, or for predicting things like thunder or rain/snow boundaries.

Six in a row here, too, and 8 of 9 (Oct odd month out.) Last time I had two AN in a row was F-M 2013. All 6 stations for which the MEMA site gives departure data are BN for April, though modestly - most are in the -0.5 to -0.7F range, with only CAR's -1.3 more than 1F below. Today should increase the neg departures another tenth or two for CON/PWM, but N.Maine highs are progged for mid-upper 50s.

Edit:

What's the deal with people thinking they could swim outdoors in New England prior to June? Even as a kid in nj it was Memorial Day (which was then fixed at 5/31).

My memories of NNJ are a bit different.  Most years there would be some low-mid 80s in late April and some of the more show-off guys would have a swim.  By mid-May a fair amount of folks were in the water, which would then be in the cool-but-not-frigid 60s at our 60-acre lake.  Of course, with public school schedules then running nearly to the solstice, the real action came with the water plenty warm.

I actually have some of my best swims in my pool in May and early June. The water gets too warm for my liking in the summer. Granted, in May they are quick swims but nothing better then diving in after a hard day of yard work.

You guys crack me up  

I'm the guy that PM'd Mr Tolland :)

Yea, I opened up on Patriots Day. I always do. Keeps from having to clear green water later in May. I also have a 400K BTU gas heater so I can get my 14,000 gallon pond up to 90+ in fairly short order. Pool season is too short in NE not to have one, at least for me.

I've lived in eastern and central mass for 21 years, originally from Oklahoma. Where the thunderstorms are real and the cellers are full!

Nice to meet you all.

You guys crack me up  

Yea, I opened up on Patriots Day. I always do. Keeps from having to clear green water later in May. I also have a 400K BTU gas heater so I can get my 14,000 gallon pond up to 90+ in fairly short order. Pool season is too short in NE not to have one, at least for me.

I've lived in eastern and central mass for 21 years, originally from Oklahoma. Where the thunderstorms are real and the cellers are full!

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome!

If I ever get a pool I will definitely have a heater and heat the water up into the 80's...then I would enjoy swimming  

You guys crack me up  

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome! Well a pool heater is a totally different story. That's pretty cool actually. 

You guys crack me up

Nice to meet you all.

Lol. Nice !! Welcome to the board. And I pray these fine folks don't hurt you the way they've hurt me. Enjoy the pool , it's the only pool you've got

You guys crack me up  

Nice to meet you all.

Nice bro, yea you got to have that heater, I assume you cover it up when not in use, spring leaf out sucks, hows the electric bill? Here is the real question , did you really say to Kevin you were afraid to post, man I hope not, he is the Diva of all Divas so its hard to believe his drama.

Naw, not really. I didnt mean to impIy it. I just know on any forum that there is protocol, personalities, etc, thats all.

And thanks for the welcome.

Leaves arent bad, not many trees in my yard. Electric bill is fine. I have a 2 speed pump I usually keep on low. The gas bill isnt too bad either.

I'm just waiting on the first thunderstorm. Thats the one thing I miss from home is a good rumble of thunder and watching a big cloud blow up in the distance. Out there you can see one for 20+ miles since there's no pesky trees in the way.

Naw, not really. I didnt mean to impIy it. I just know on any forum that there is protocol, personalities, etc, thats all.

And thanks for the welcome.

Leaves arent bad, not many trees in my yard. Electric bill is fine. I have a 2 speed pump I usually keep on low. The gas bill isnt too bad either.

I'm just waiting on the first thunderstorm. Thats the one thing I miss from home is a good rumble of thunder and watching a big cloud blow up in the distance. Out there you can see one for 20+ miles since there's no pesky trees in the way.

Yea OK is the bomb when it comes to Tstorms, couple of our members from NE are at graduate school out there, they are always sending reports,but I wouldn"t trade forests for Tstorms thats for sure.

and AWT Drama boy being drama boy lol

"Naw, not really. I didnt mean to impIy it. I just know on any forum that there is protocol, personalities, etc, thats all."

Nice bro, yea you got to have that heater, I assume you cover it up when not in use, spring leaf out sucks, hows the electric bill? Here is the real question , did you really say to Kevin you were afraid to post, man I hope not, he is the Diva of all Divas so its hard to believe his drama.

I'll echo Ginxy's welcome to WhitinsvilleWx.

Kevin is a drama-queen so don't believe his hyperbole about "board bullies"....imagine someone who hypes weather as much as he does also hyping board drama? Who knew!!! :lol:

At any rate, thunderstorm season is much shorter here as I'm sure you figured out in the past couple decades removed form Oklahoma. Though southern ORH county can be a decent spot for them where you are.

Archived