Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our field is built on a marsh. Quite the frog orchestra on monday eve.

Our house sits on our 80-acre woodlot, which in addition to the spring overflow includes another tiny pond and two (currently inactive) beaver flowages.  The larger, 15-acre flowage hasn't had beavers in 4 years, but still holds a 2-3 acre pond behind what's left of the dam.  The little ponds are limited mainly to wood frogs, but the big flowage has about all the amphibs native to Maine, and offers quite the serenade beginning in late spring, including numerous bullfrogs, and a bittern pulling the pumphandle for variety.

Might be an appropriate first post for me. I read this forum b/c my just turned 18 year old contributes here. Brought him home from the hospital on 4/7/96 and took him to his first pediatrician appointment all bundled up with snow falling onto his face probably next day or two. My memory  of his first week home through the lens of sleep deprivation is holding him and watching snow fall outside. Live a little north but east of ashland and we never got that kind of accumulation just a few inches but it snowed near non-stop for a few days.

Angus, nice story to hear. Time goes by fast.

I wasn't at work today but the party man Tim Kelley was filling in. He got me the classic picnic table shot (ahh, the 4k picnic tables) while enjoying a PBR. By 3pm last nights 2-3" was down to a inch or so on the tables in the sun.

The seasonal progression continues...now we are left watching the picnic tables accumulate snows as the average snow level rises.

Looks like 12z ECM would bring a decent rain to snow scenario for some in CNE/NNE next week, especially the western areas like up here. Has like 0.5-1.0" QPF with SFC <32F after an inch of rain. GGEM likes that idea too but heavier snow would be back in NY State. Interesting, especially at elevation.

Sultan Signal for all in New England next week regardless, for stalled to slow moving thermal boundary with high theta-e air ahead of it and developing low pressure riding along said front.

Could be some nice storms for us next Tuesday as dews will be 60 or higher ahead of fropa

No way dewpoints are 60 or higher next Tuesday...maybe they get up to like 55-58 but not higher than that...zero chance.  

As for any t'storm potential could be a possibility but depends on the timing 

I wasn't at work today but the party man Tim Kelley was filling in. He got me the classic picnic table shot (ahh, the 4k picnic tables) while enjoying a PBR. By 3pm last nights 2-3" was down to a inch or so on the tables in the sun.

The seasonal progression continues...now we are left watching the picnic tables accumulate snows as the average snow level rises.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

nice pic. Beautiful 

70s one day, U30s the next in the same areas next week?

I don't have a ton of motivation to really study the modeling like the winter, but I certainly saw the potential for a sharp temperature drop next week. Also, look out for a beautiful day in the east while that front is already through the western portions. East might squeak out an extra bluebird day.

Archived